hf1

Oh god help me

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Oh god help me

Postby freyasmummy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 pm

nappynutter wrote:Sometime i wonder why people bother having children when they clearly have no time for them at all. Everything is about convenience and not what's best for the family.

Are you suggesting that parents who use disposables are somehow undeserving of children, or unworthy of looking after them? I find your comments ridiculously offensive. My DD has been in disposables for over a year - she is on medication for bowel issues that results in glue like sticky poo at EVERY change - and yes, disposables are easier for me, and right now it IS best for my family. Am an inferior mother?

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Fayesmum wrote:
One of them got a disposable out and insisted I touch the top layer to show me how soft it is and how she much rather that next to her baby's skin than what I use :shock:

Bork! I use sposies out of pretty necessary convenience on DD but I don't think they're NICE! They're a necessary evil!

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:19 pm

freyasmummy wrote:
nappynutter wrote:Sometime i wonder why people bother having children when they clearly have no time for them at all. Everything is about convenience and not what's best for the family.

Are you suggesting that parents who use disposables are somehow undeserving of children, or unworthy of looking after them? I find your comments ridiculously offensive. My DD has been in disposables for over a year - she is on medication for bowel issues that results in glue like sticky poo at EVERY change - and yes, disposables are easier for me, and right now it IS best for my family. Am an inferior mother?

I don't think you're an inferior mother for putting your DD in disposables.....you are going what is best and right for your family. You're well knowledged on the pro's and con's of both cloth nappies and disposable nappies and you've made your decision based on that and what is best for you all.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:49 pm

freyasmummy wrote:

Nope, it was a direct reference to the link underneath which you left off your quote. Have you even bothered to look at it?

Here it is again:

http://www.wearegoodkin.com/article/technology

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Caroline wrote:Sounds like you were quitre restrained! I would have possibly suggested she pull the nappy apart and rub some of the gel crystals over her genitals to see how nice that felt. :wink:

:puke: but had to :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm

:giggle:

My sposie using neighbour saw Max's WN pocket (pirate embroidery) yesterday and she was blown away by it :D

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 pm

My hubby is the best for promoting cloth.... he tells everyone about it and now wool (even if he does call me a tree hugging, eco warrior behind closed doors!!)

Disposables have their place and I admit we have used them in the past but I couldn't stand to use them full time :shock: And as for looking wierd in trousers, has she been thinking all this time I don't bother to change Faye and we do the heavy crotch look? :shock: :-?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Fayesmum wrote:My hubby is the best for promoting cloth.... he tells everyone about it and now wool (even if he does call me a tree hugging, eco warrior behind closed doors!!)

Disposables have their place and I admit we have used them in the past but I couldn't stand to use them full time :shock: And as for looking wierd in trousers, has she been thinking all this time I don't bother to change Faye and we do the heavy crotch look? :shock: :-?

Nah, it was probably just a snidey remark at how big her bum looks. :roll:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:25 pm

She said her bum sticks out like J lo, then there are 2 skinny legs underneath and she couldn't figure out why :roll:

As I said before I don't go about preaching :bf: and extended feeding into toddlerhood, I can't believe how rude other people can be!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat