hf1

And trying again ;)

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

And trying again ;)

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:54 pm

We're gonna give cloth a go for the third time with Isis. I really want it to work like it did with Emi.
I think the rashes don't come from the washingpowder but was thinking it could be the fabric the inside of the nappy is made of. Does this make sense? If so what do you think is best to use on here?

Feel some shopping rash coming :giggle:

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: And trying again ;)

Postby rhiannon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 pm

What fabrics have you tried? Could you make some fleece liners to go next to her bottom? Guess you've probably thought of that. I find when ds is teething can't use fitteds at all (so sold most of mine) because his wee is sooooo strong, so we're in pockets full time. But the little lamb microfibre work well with a homemade fleece liner in them all the time. So maybe you need a thirsty fabric that sucks the wee up dead quick?

I'm not much help am I???

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 pm

:giggle: Well I'm glad you answer ;)
Just thinking it may be the pul in the pockets, so where gonna try fitteds with a soaker.
And I guess the inside must be a natural fabric maybe. She doesn't get nappy rash though it looks different and it's not there iykwim

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 pm

If you're having trouble with rashes stick to bamboo and hemp and avoid cotton terry and definately avoid microfibre at all costs!

Get an interlock soaker definately... And team it with some bamboo velour fitteds and personally I'd say fleece liners but minkee liners work well for others...

She might be a little red (but not a rash if that makes sense) to start with but that should soon go as she gets used to them...

When you wash make sure you pre-rinse and also do an extra rinse after the wash cycle to ensure all detergent rinsed out.
DO use adequate detergent as poo is fatty and just water won't get all of it out.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 pm

What Steph said. Bamboo and breathable covers :) Even if you whip up some interlock ones yourself, you talented lady you :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks girls and Stacey you make me blush :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk