Nappy wish list

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Nappy wish list

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi peeps,

Thought I'd vent on here as DH has said I am not allowed to buy any more nappies. He likes the BGs we have now, is ok with the HH OS, but hates any poppered nappies.

I want:

Itti Bitti D'Lish - may be a better size on my dinky DD. She is only small (5 months old and still comfortably fitting into 0-3 month clothes :shock: )

Longies/Shorties - I may have permission to buy some of these, but only if I get my butt in gear and sell some of the small nappies which no longer fit DD. trouble is, where do you start? There's so many lovely wools around and makers, that I can't make a choice. Oh to be able to buy lots.

Newborn nappies - As my contribution to daily chat says, I miscarried 2 weeks ago. I so wanted to buy some newborn nappies and have a baby in cloth from the word go. DD was in cloth from about 6 weeks, but it's not quite the same. I definitely do not want to use smelly horrible paper pants on the next one. Now to convince DH we can try again.

Baby bufters & Pixie Knits set - Mmmmmm. Need I say more?

That's all I can think of for now as my nappy browsing has been limited due to DHs ban - and as he is a SAHD and home most of the time, he intercepts the post, so it's not as if I can sneak any new nappies in. It took aaaaages to convince him to let me buy my 'new' huggles from Steph, and we really did need new night nappies.

So ladies, what's on your wish list?

Tanya

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappy wish list

Postby Rae » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:45 pm

I am right for nappies at the moment, but would like a poly pocket bot. David is a farmer, so at home with Kayleigh 3 days a week, so he sees every bit of mail coming thru. I have thought of having it sent to a friend, but all my friends round here are worried about this nappy obsession as well.
I have convinced David that longies and shorties are clothes, not nappies.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Can't you get them sent to your work? :lol: :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Oh and try to convince him it's a better investment to hold onto the nappies that your dd has grown out of, it will cost you more to buy new ones for the next bubba :D

And (((((((((())))))))) for your miscarriage hun

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Hmm, nice idea to get them sent to work, but more often than not, I am out at clients and not in the office.

TBH, the little nappies I am intending to sell either didn't fit DD too well (Fuzzi Bunz - well they fitted sometimes, but she seemed to be between poppers so often) or didn't get used 'cos we prefered pockets (Cotton Tots). I have kept a few of each - my DH let my nappy obsession have free reign whilst I was on maternity leave, probably because of the mortgage break that went with it, but is now reining me in. As a result, I ended up with far too many tiny nappies, which DD has grown out of - small baby but has great big chubby thighs and a big bum, that just cannot get shoe-horned into small nappies!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Hmm, I wish I could convince DH that longies/shorties were clothes, but the way I sold them to him in the first place was by telling him they would be better for her sensitive little botty during the summer (with a fitted nappy) than pockets. Now he just will not think of them as woollen trousers :(

I'm too good at convincing him sometimes, but it does backfire. :? At least I get to buy some, when I get some more funds :D

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:19 pm

My DH hasnt put a ban on buying nappies (yet) but thats mainly because he doesnt realise I'm buying them... or maybe he does but doesnt know how much I'm spending :D However he was against them from the start as he didnt want to deal with the mess etc and even now refuses to change Anna when she's in cloth. She sleeps in a disposable at night at the moment so if he gets her in the morning he'll put a disposable on her too :roll:

I'd still like to try a Pocket Bots and would like a nappy with a Blueberry print (may just go for a Green Kids instead) but my main purchase-to-be will have to be a custom Weenotions for Anna's 1st b-day :lol: I've just seen the new competition entry and the embroidery on it is soooo gorgeous!
And then I'm still wondering whether to get a pocket of some sort for Joshua as a nap/night nappy :roll: :lol:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Well I have got to the having to make a valid point of why I need a new nappy and I had run out of reasons but Ty has had a growth spurt so the rise of his bamboozle are too small and little lambs are almost the same, yay. I bought those before I discovered the delights of WAHM nappies.

On my list are

Northern lights
a couple more weenotions night nappies
and some pockets thinking wee notions but then fancy trying Green kids

Have been told no more than 4 and I have to sell the stuff I didn't get on with first before he will let me take the extra for them. humph here's hoping I can sell the stuff soon as need night nappies.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 pm

bryc1 wrote:for them. humph here's hoping I can sell the stuff soon as need night nappies.

I have a babybufter girly night nappy for sale (se my FS post!) don't know if it's for your girl or boy that you are needing them! :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat