hf1

Charity looking for cloth nappies.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Charity looking for cloth nappies.

Postby ladybird » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I've received a letter from a charity called Freed (UK) (charity no. 1116024) who are based in Northampton (so fairly local to me). They are working to improve rural facilities in the west of Ghana and work with an orphanage in Jirapa. The lady who has written to me is visiting the orphanage later in the year and is looking for donations of cloth nappies for the children there. The website is http://www.freeduk.org

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Charity looking for cloth nappies.

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Oooo I'm sure I have some I could spare that aren't going to be worth the effort of selling, thanks for the link!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Don't know if I'm being blind but I looked at the site and can't find any info, it says something about a donation sheet, but I can't find it!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:22 pm

There are some names on the contact page on the site. I've got contact details for a teenager who is going out there voluntarily later in the year. I've just phoned and am waiting for her to phone me back regards putting her details out on the forum.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 pm

ladybird wrote:There are some names on the contact page on the site. I've got contact details for a teenager who is going out there voluntarily later in the year. I've just phoned and am waiting for her to phone me back regards putting her details out on the forum.

Ahh cool thanks :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:03 pm

i might have couple of fitteds actually...

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 pm

I can definitely find a couple of nappies - I spent 3 months in Ghana doing voluntary work when I graduated from Uni, so this is close to my heart :)

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:19 pm

do you know when they will need them by? Or is that what youre waiting to hear about? :oops: Just that H is potty training at the mo so in a few months i'll be going through his stash and would probably have a couple to donate.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm

The letter says she's going in October so there's time yet.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat