hf1

Best Nappy for 2 year old?

My avatar
memylou
Clothie
Clothie

Best Nappy for 2 year old?

Postby memylou » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi I'm fully in cloth with my 5 moth old and used cloth til my 2yr old was 18 months (not sure why I stopped really but there you go) anyway I'm wanting to put my 2yr 8mnth old back in cloth til potty training (I know that won't be long but I figure I can use the nappies for my 5 month old when she's bigger).

So any advice as to what to use? She still has mushy nappies due to a slight intolerance to dairy. She's quite slim too.

Anyway thanks in advance for any advice and it's nice to 'meet' you all :)

Emma

BW, BF, Clothie mum to Owen 6, Luke 5, Maddison 2 and Lottie 5 months :)

Excuse any typo's am probably NAK :bf: :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Best Nappy for 2 year old?

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Depending on her measurments you should be fine with Larges. My DD is on the rather large side :oops: :oops: for her age, wearing 5yrs+ clothing :oops: :oops:
We use Size 3 Bamboo Little Lambs, YoYoos pockets (these aren't sold over here anymore I don't think but there's often some on classifieds), Real Easy pockets, WeeNotions Northern Lights and she also fits into BumGenius v3s (she's slimmed down recently so the BG's are a new one!)
A few companies do a size 3. Totsbots, Little Lambs and One Life. It really depends on if you want to use fitteds (a nappy and seperate cover) or a pocket/All in one nappy as to which brands.

There's also some WAHMs who do custom sizes. We recently got a Night nappy from Ems at Puddlekins and it's gorgeous! :mrgreen:

My avatar
memylou
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Best Nappy for 2 year old?

Postby memylou » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks :) we prefer aio's (easier for the husband) We use itti's, tots bots and bg's with Lottie. Am tempted to try an itti with Maddison too (as she's so slim) but have heard a lot of people don't get on with them with older children.

I love the wee notions am wanting to get a personalised one for each of the girls as something to keep afterwards in their memory boxes :wink:.

Emma x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat