hf1

leaking nappies

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

leaking nappies

Postby irishmel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

My 15 month old is a ridiculously heavy wetter, but she has just soaked through her fuzzi bunz with the standard insert and an additional MF one in an hour. She was sat on my lap with just her nappy on and it just leaked through the outer. Yesterday the same thing happened with her tots bots yesterday. I wash them on a 40 wash with an odd 60. I have been using nappy san, which I have just found out that I shouldn't. Do ye think the outers are breaking down on the nappies? They are about 1 year old. Or is she just a very heavy wetter? I have taken off a tots bot after 30 mins and the bamboo is soaked.
I Have ordered some pop-ins and a itty bitty all in one, so will see how they work.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: leaking nappies

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Ditch the microfiber and use bamboo and hemp instead...MF isnt good for heavy wetters as when it gets wet it compresses and squishes the wee out causing leaks :) try the standrad MF insert with some bamboo of hemp behind to start with as it might work but i dont like MF at all...

Which tots bots are they? fitteds??

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 pm

I have a heavy wetter too & microfibre only worked until he was 1 which is when I switched to bamboo inserts with a hemp booster. He can still out-pee nappies in record time some days :shock: dependant on how much he's drank but some days we get approx 3 hours :wine:

Siobhan x

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby irishmel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:54 pm

The tots bots are all bamboo (not sure what type- they are pocket ones) and I have tried using bamboo tot bot inserts in the fuzzi bunz, but to no avail! Where do I get hemp inserts from??

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:00 pm

that's when we started having problems with Natalie too. It was because she was developing bladder control and holding it in for longer then letting it go in a super wee. I spent ages stuffing my BGs with various combinations and getting more and more fed up with them leaking all over her clothes.

We swapped to the pop-ins and didn't have any problems- even though we used the microfibre ones, it held the wee better until she potty trained at 25 months.

Ryan's not so bad (yet) I can get away with only 1 insert in a BG for a few hours, despite the fact he drinks loads!!

I agree to swap to bamboo/hemp and hope it works for you, and that you get on with the pop-in!! ... x x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 pm

You can get 5 easy peasy hemp boosters for £10 posted from their own website :wink:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Shaunie wrote:You can get 5 easy peasy hemp boosters for £10 posted from their own website :wink:

highly recommend these too... :) :) Ryan's using one tonight in his night nappy!

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby irishmel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks, I have bought some hemp inserts from the classifies and find the pop-ins and the itty bitti all in one a bit better. She has even wet through her pampers of late (unheard of!). I asked the HV today if it was normal to drink/ wee so much, but got the helpful answer that if she drinks a lots she will wee a lot!! She is now telling me if she does a poo at times and will point to her nappy sometimes and go to her change table if she wants her nappy changed, so maybe she is doing super hold in wees. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat