hf1

What to make/buy for a first stash?

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: What to make/buy for a first stash?

Postby mythreelittlemice » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

We can dry nappies outside, even in Swansea :hohoho: (she says, looking out of the window and wondering if it is going to rain). I took a few pockets, muslin and terry squares and some pul wraps on holiday to the IOW 3 years ago and managed to wash and dry them on indoor airers every day.

I used prefolds on #1 which was very unsuccessful and ended up using sposies :oops: However, I used muslin squares and Motherease Airflow wraps on #2 and #3 as newborns and then moved on to Tots Bots fitteds and Airflows with #2 and terry squares for #3. I didn't discover wool wraps until they were older but would definitely use them if I had a baby now (very unlikely tho lol).

Pockets are always handy for someone who is not keen on folding squares or quick trips out and the squares can be used as inserts.

You will find out, when baby is here, what nappies best suit. Pockets never worked on my eldest but they were great on my other 2.

Good luck and have fun with your nappy making :D

Fi x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: What to make/buy for a first stash?

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

caz88 wrote: Oh one last thing, some of the baby magazines have a little lamb voucher in the back and that is where I got my first little lamb from, so you may find that useful (I think it was pregnancy & birth magazine).

That offer's finished as far as we know :(

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat