hf1

nappy problems

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

nappy problems

Postby moo54 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 am

I am having problems with ds and his nappies...he is 26mths and beginning to look like he wants potty training - sitting on the pot all the time, saying when he's done a wee or poo, not wanting a nappy on and saying when he needs one, he's done one on there but he is getting SO stressed out about it I think I'm gonna leave it a short while - at least after our hols in a couple of weeks I think. In the meantime he is completely flooding his wnss - he has just learnt to drink from a cup with no lid, and the novelty is making him drink tons and then want it refilled, over and over :roll: I used to use a GK bamboo fine in his nappies, then I started boosting with ep hemp but he's also slimmed down and that combo now sags and he leaks out the side :(

I also have bgs that I put on dd, he wears them ok but boosted they prob only last about as long as a GK bamboo in a wnss anyway.... I have a couple of flips too that are pretty good (snug fitting and long length) but I don't like it when he poos on the insert - I prefer a poo in a pocket :oops: Maybe I should swop some of the wnss for flips though?

I'm not sure I want to splash out on a whole new bunch of nappies for such a short while, I actually bought some pull ups the other day and I felt such a wave of guilt and dread about using them but the stress of wondering whether he will or won't leak when we're out and about is doing my head in! Plus I worry that if I did use sposies on the odd occasion will he start prefering them? Will he stop feeling when he is wet???

This is coupled with the fact that I'm not enjoying having 2 in cloth.....I used to enjoy picking out new nappies for ds and now it just feels like a chore of never ending washing/drying/stuffing, hopefully the love will come back when it's just dd in cloth.

I don't think there's any solution to this but I feel better for putting it down!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: nappy problems

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 am

:hug: I felt like that when Abbie was close to PT'ing. The endless washing and drying drove me insane.

Pockets didn't work at all on Abbie towards the end of her using nappies, for the same reasons as you mentioned above. We had to use fitteds and wraps, we liked Puddlekins but could only afford a couple, and the rest of the time we used bamboozles and sposies as I just couldn't justify buying her new fluff when she was so close to PT'ing.

Perhaps sell some WNSS and buy some more flips? Also what is he drinking? I find if Abbie drinks water or juice she can pee for England but when she has a day of Milk she definitely doesn't pee as much.

Sorry I realise I've not been much help :roll: :giggle: :hug:

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:51 pm

The only suggestion I have is to make using the potty fun, as he sounds as if he's really ready for it! It might be worth getting some "My Wee Friend" potty stickers. You stick them on the bottom of the potty - it's a black spot, but when it's wee'ed on, it turns into a picture - there are several to choose from, a car, caterpillar, smiley face, dog etc. When it cools it goes back to being a black dot, ready for next time. Once they discover this magic they want to do it over and over, as it's such fun. They don't cost much, so may be worth trying!

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks for the tips! I am in the process of getting a couple more flips - mostly for going out when I want something I can rely on though not as nice as our wn :(

The stickers sound like a good idea....omg we have had a stressful afternoon - he wanted his nappy off and would happily sit on the potty - I did 20 seconds every 10mins - UNTIL he needed a wee, then he ran around getting more and more stresesd, freaking out, demanding a nappy, omg he held on to it for about 30mins until i finally had enough (of practically forcing him on it :oops: ) and gave in to the nappy demands.

We are off on hols this sat so I'm going to give him a weeks grace I think..!

The stickers look good, but how will he know about the sticker without actually doing a wee though.......shall I show him :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 pm

I presume the stickers change colour with warm water?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Do you use liners? Was just thinking that if you don't like poo on the insert of the flips then you could pop a fleece liner on top?

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm

lazylexis wrote:I presume the stickers change colour with warm water?

Yep. It's the warmth which does it - doesn't matter where it comes from!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat