hf1

'Workhorses' and pretty nappies - which do you have more of?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: 'Workhorses' and pretty nappies - which do you have more of?

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:53 pm

northernruth wrote:I don't understand pretty fitteds? Why not just pretty wraps? enlighten me, o fitted fans.

I agree with the others on this, never used to get it, but now I love my pretty fitteds and have just got my first embroidered one. It is just like choosing nice underwear for ourselves, I like to colour co-ordinate DDs nappies with her wool where possible, and as I always have a clothes horse covered in drying nappies in the corner of our breakfast room I'd much rather look at my pretty nappies instead of boring white ones.

They are purely for my benefit, but I like them and enjoy picking out what DD will wear each time I change her, so that's good enough reason for me. As I have done 1,600 nappy changes in the last 8 months :shock: I may as well enjoy them a bit if I can :giggle:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 am

Those of you who say you only use WAHM nappies now (I know a few of you have said this in the past), whose do you use? (i.e. which WAHMs?). I'm just being nosey really, would be nice to get a few recommendations and try out some new ones x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 am

I have one lonely dunk and fluff which i love :( love Wns of course jimmy riddles, HLs, muttaquins, pianissamo cloth, fluff and stuff, really want to try a LLS nappy but never got on with upsy daisys so not sure if these are the same?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 am

rachymoo wrote:Those of you who say you only use WAHM nappies now (I know a few of you have said this in the past), whose do you use? (i.e. which WAHMs?). I'm just being nosey really, would be nice to get a few recommendations and try out some new ones x

My favourites are Holdens Landing, LLS, & FnS (want more of these) by far :wine:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:59 am

We have 22 MEOS which were Toby's main nappy (didn't know about pretty fluff then! :oops: ) They're Rowan's nursery nappy and are still going strong after nearly 4.5 years of use. (I did dye them pink and purple for Rowan though so they're slightly prettier) They probably make up about a third of our stash. The rest are mainly pretty pockets and fitteds which I keep for me to use - I'm not sending pretty fluff to nursery. Although she did end up in an embroidered WNOS one day as we'd been at the doctors and as per usual had filled her nappy when we were there. The girls at nursery were very impressed and keep commenting on her 'fancy nappy'. :giggle:
She's now showing signs of PT though which I am not impressed about. :(

My favourites are WN, of course, Upsy Daisy, Muttaqins, HL and we have one Flowerpot Tots fitted which is a great fit and so reliable.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:50 pm

rachymoo wrote:Those of you who say you only use WAHM nappies now (I know a few of you have said this in the past), whose do you use? (i.e. which WAHMs?). I'm just being nosey really, would be nice to get a few recommendations and try out some new ones x

Fitteds I like are Dunk n Fluffs, Holdens Landing an Wee Notions one size Northern Lights (they are not making these at the moment though)

Night Nappies I've tried are Wee Notions Night Notions and Upsy Daisy soy night nappies. My favourites are the WNNNs, but now Kerr's back in cloth at night, I'm going to try LLS night nappies :D

My favourite pockets/AI2s by far are Wee Notions. Absolutely gorgeous and very reliable for us :wine:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I dont have any embroidered fitteds...just DnF's and goodmamas (OBV and LWI OBV) and i have them for their functionality...the fact that they are pretty is a bonus...i quite like to look at them on the washing line :giggle:

I wouldnt pay to embroider a fitted really...i would spend the money on wool :twisted:

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:03 pm

dnfs and hollow oak - love them to bits and such good quality :) fit like a dream

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:08 pm

We use LLS,holdens landing,DnF,Bububebe,kooshie keister. For night nappies we only use LLS

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat