hf1

What to do?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

What to do?

Postby juboo752 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Our staple nappy is WN NL's of which we have a lot of, however Lottie's shape has really changed recently and they look awful on her, they look strange under her woollies and she seems to be soaking them :roll: I think she has got to the stage where she is holding on to her wee and then letting it go in one huge wee!

I'm finding our DnF's and HO NN the only fitteds that fit well and last a few hours!

So my question would you sell your staple to fund ones that fit well, even though she may PT this summer, or just ride it out and carry on as you are until she PT's?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to do?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:09 pm

How many day(s) worth have you got? could you just wash more often?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

well my sensible head would say ride the storm for a few months...

But my nappy head would say sell them, buy what you like and enjoy the last few months of nappy-dom :oops:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:17 pm

megansmummy wrote:well my sensible head would say ride the storm for a few months...

But my nappy head would say sell them, buy what you like and enjoy the last few months of nappy-dom :oops:

WSS :giggle:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:19 pm

when we hit that stage I sold and switched.... I got fed up of leaking nappies and needed them to work, especially as Ryan was still little and I had 2 in cloth.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:How many day(s) worth have you got? could you just wash more often?

I've only got 3 DnF's and 2 HO NN at the moment :( So not sure i would have enough :-?

paintedclaws wrote:
megansmummy wrote:well my sensible head would say ride the storm for a few months...

WSS :giggle:

This is exactly how i feel, i just cant make up my mind :giggle: The other problem is the nappies i want arent very accessible either so may have to wait a few months before they would arrive :roll:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 pm

what about getting the pattern (darling diapers) and making a few while you order some to tide you over until they arrive?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:30 pm

I would email both wahms and see if they can help you. You're going to need a fair few more just to get through before you sell the ones that aren't working anymore.

Theres a few DnF on Jabula, if thats any help?

I'd definitely switch though, nothing worse than not being able to rely on your nappies.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Definitely switch. Pop yours on FSOT and put a wanted post out for the ones that work. Ive seen a few DnF on Jabula and a few for sale on here. Hope you get a few you can use :hug:

Sarah x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat