hf1

How long...

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

How long...

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 pm

do you expect a brand new nappy to last before it looks well and truely worn out?

I've a few nappies of one brand that although fit really well have all but fallen to pieces. They're less than a year old i'd say and weren't cheap. They're also used in a very large rotation of nappies so at most they've been used once a week.

The inserts are full of holes (two have fallen apart completely) and the actual OBV on the nappy is going bold.

Would you think this was OK or would you expect them to last much longer?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How long...

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I would expect them to last better than that...i would contact the WAHM (?) or retailer...

Especially given the size of the stash you use them in :giggle:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Eeek i would expect them too last a lot longer than that!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:48 pm

megansmummy wrote:I would expect them to last better than that...i would contact the WAHM (?) or retailer...

WSS!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 pm

I agree, when I just had around 20 Tots/Little Lambs and used them day in, day out for 7 or 8 months straight I wasn't astonished when the aplix started to wear out and they wore a bit thin in places, but if anything in my current stash started to wear out in a year I'd be a bit narced :-?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 pm

I'd be fed up too :-? - surely a large part of using cloth is that they should last long enough to be used on your lo, plus any sibling or sold on- if worn out in less than a year- not going to do any of that are they!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I have a few that have gone bald and the inserts got holes in too, after less than a year. :( They were not cheap either!!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm

me too, one in particular I use less than once a week for about 6 months, the colour has all but nearly gone and some inserts have holes :( was'nt cheap either. would expect it to have lasted longer. in contrast, all the LLs I have had for over a year used every day are fine

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 pm

megansmummy wrote:I would expect them to last better than that...i would contact the WAHM (?) or retailer...

WSS!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat