Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

:giggle:

Right i shifted my stash around last month, sold some fitteds, added some pockets and was happy...for a week :roll: Now im not bothered with the pockets/AIO's...

My latest thing is that i could sell all the fitteds and replace with a complete prefold/BG flip system that would do for the baby aswell...i can either nippa them under wool or use them with the flip covers...simple...cheap and they work for us...i am a prefold lover anyway... I think i love the fact that they are so simple and cheap...i get a kick out of that!
I love love love the organic inserts for the flips too.

I have two BRAND new DnF's that arrived from the co-op and i havnt even put them on kierens bum yet :shock:

Perhaps im getting nappy sickness aswell as morning sickness :giggle:
Last edited by megansmummy on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Why arnt i ever happy??

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 pm

:giggle: i know how you feel hun, before we went on a break i had one of every nappy going, was constantly selling and buying as was never happy, when we went on the break i sold most of my stash as i knew one of the reasons for the constant problems and finding cloth bum stressful was due to all the different inserts, and constantly having different fitting nappies and so on and so on, so we have gone back into cloth today using cotton terrys(which i do plan to get bamboo ones only due to absorbancy) and motherease wraps and im loving it, so simple yet does the job, and now i have made this switch i am not even bothered about "pretty" nappies because i have come to the conclusions they are JUST nappies after all, one of the reason why i went for cloth was to cut expense and "pretty nappies" dnt cut expense lol and i think just cause more stress with money, and constantly changing/buying/selling and with all the different fitting issues, inserts to sort etc etc xx

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

I really think that the amount of choice is a really big problem. Also some of the hype that is created around some nappies. I do wonder that if the amount of people who have fitting issues is more about look issues (and I'll duck ready for the firing squad :giggle: )

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:54 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:Also some of the hype that is created around some nappies. I do wonder that if the amount of people who have fitting issues is more about look issues (and I'll duck ready for the firing squad :giggle: )

I do absolutly love my dunkNfluffs and goodmamas but the cost of them makes me :shock: when i think how much a whole system of prefolds would cost and i could spend the rest on wool :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm

ive been toying with idea of buying a couple prefolds to try for a couple weeks actually! ive just got a pocket stash sorted and dawn outpees them :roll:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 pm

megansmummy wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:Also some of the hype that is created around some nappies. I do wonder that if the amount of people who have fitting issues is more about look issues (and I'll duck ready for the firing squad :giggle: )

I do absolutly love my dunkNfluffs and goodmamas but the cost of them makes me :shock: when i think how much a whole system of prefolds would cost and i could spend the rest on wool :giggle:

And the wool would actually be seen! :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:24 pm

megansmummy wrote:

I know thats why I wont even go there! I do think its a bit ridiculous when a 30 pound nappy does the same job as a 10 pound one... or even cheaper!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 pm

slightly OT, has anyone used a prefold belt?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:48 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:ive been toying with idea of buying a couple prefolds to try for a couple weeks actually! ive just got a pocket stash sorted and dawn outpees them :roll:

If she's outpeeing things when she never used to that can be one of the best signs of bladder control.......I hate to mention it but maybe time for potty training :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat