hf1

Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

Postby emmalala » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm

i use pre folds as a pre bath nappy, might give them a go under wool, wondered why you wanted the wrap :giggle:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

what sort of folds do you do tory?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Why arnt i ever happy??

Postby Caroline » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Scotia wrote:
Caroline wrote:Yes, there is a ME Sandys in Bamboo, its super soft. If you want rise measurements let me know :wink:

I'd like to know the rise please :D

40cms in the small
44cms in the large

Unwashed sizes so there will be some shrinkage.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Jenna, you should give them ago! I could be starting a prefold revolution here! :giggle:

Emma, he has had the wrap on since it arrived with a tri folded prefold in and its been great! :wine:

Claire, i either tri fold or newspaper/angel fold and nippa it :)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I kept all my little prefolds from when I had ethan and I am planning to use them again, nippa'd when this baby arrives alongside some fitteds. Would like to give it a go with ethan now but my prefolds are not big enough to nippa. I did try it a few times when ethan was little but I didn't have the confidence...this time round I would be happy to do it....tory...what are the thirsties wraps like? Am considering getting some for ethan. Thanks x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Why arnt i ever happy??

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

megansmummy wrote:UPDATE!!!

I have had a blissful time since i posted this, I have shelved the fitteds/pockets for now and have been very simply tri folding a prefold into a flip wrap and im having a great time! :giggle: A line full of white prefolds...simplicity :mrgreen: Infact i just ordered some more prefolds from kittykins and also a couple of thirsties wraps ( a duo and a normal one) :wine:

which size Duo did you order? I think the second one might fit dawn... (Should really not be buying more nappies though :oops: :oops: :giggle: )

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Ange, i loved prefolds on kieren when he was tiny...the blue edged JJ ones I can JUST manage to nippa if i fan the front out a little to reach around the sides...you can get toddler ones too...I wish we had the choice that they do in the states...JJ are pretty much all you can get prefold wise here...baby kind do swadlebees ones and they come in newborn so im going to get some of those for the baby but american websites have fab chouces available but no one here sells them :(
I want some unbleached ones but no one here sells them and there is one american site that will ship here but they want $35 in shipping.
I ordered large thisties for Kieren...i loved the x-small and small on him so will get more of those too for bump.

Stacy, i orderd a size 2 :) I could only get white though as kittykins were out of stock in all other colours in the size 2 :roll: and they wernt very easy to find online :-?

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 pm

:wine: well done with the back to basics - sounds like you've found a solution for you that works atm!

Wow - am going to give nippa prefolds a try - we're on terry squares atm which I like but I'm a couple short - I need to wash at 95 atm cos 60 is just not cutting it with teething wee so don't want to damage anything more expensive :roll: .

Plus she gets rashes off most stuff, but terry squares seem to be ok - touch wood!

I've got a whole set of prefolds - we were given - we used a nappy service with DS with these and had no problems, but I shelved them when I couldn't use the pul wraps with DD. Never knew you could nippa them.

I think some of the replies about the post on 'expensive nappies' are a bit harsh - the poster didn't say that everyone using expensive nappies was doing it for looks. - just some - and I think that's probably true. And I didn't hear that she had any issue with that - just with people saying it was a fit issue, when it isn't always.

I have the opposite problem - joined here and got all excited about fancy nappies with pretty fabrics - then DD started getting rashes from virtually everything - anything with elastic that's not fully dry lined starts her off - and now I can only wash at 95 (and I've stripped everything - washed at 95, got it properly clean and then tried 60 and the smell was back so I'm guessing it's def her!) I've had to shelve the pockets I do have and the bed bug I just bought and go right back to basics :roll:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 pm

megansmummy wrote:Ange, i loved prefolds on kieren when he was tiny...the blue edged JJ ones I can JUST manage to nippa if i fan the front out a little to reach around the sides...you can get toddler ones too...I wish we had the choice that they do in the states...JJ are pretty much all you can get prefold wise here...baby kind do swadlebees ones and they come in newborn so im going to get some of those for the baby but american websites have fab chouces available but no one here sells them :(
I want some unbleached ones but no one here sells them and there is one american site that will ship here but they want $35 in shipping.
I ordered large thisties for Kieren...i loved the x-small and small on him so will get more of those too for bump.

Stacy, i orderd a size 2 :) I could only get white though as kittykins were out of stock in all other colours in the size 2 :roll: and they wernt very easy to find online :-?

funkymonkeypants have some bummis organic prefolds in size 2 :)
http://www.funkymonkeypants.com/flat-nappies.html

i also noticed theres not really any place to get thirstys wraps :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat