hf1

Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Why arnt i ever happy??

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm

paintedclaws wrote: he now wears mostly HL for days and WNNN for nights (although i'm loving LLS for nights, they fit him perfectly).

And i figure that whilst i'm happy to spend £20-£30 on a nappy then why shouldn't I?! Embroidery and dye aren't my main motivation, the nappies i buy fit and work well for my children and the prettiness are just a bonus.

I do agree thats theres something pleasing about a lovely plain nappy, i loved Poppy's plain terries when she was a newborn she looked adorable in them.:D

same here Carolyn, we use HL during they day and WNNN at nights. As you say, it's using nappies that fit and work well for your child, and the look is a bonus. I have bought a GM and Mutt second hand as I loved the prints, but I only put them on DD for about 2 mins to see how they looked, and the fit was all wrong for her so I washed them and sold them straight away - you know what works for you and what you like.

Like anything (cars, clothes, houses etc) there will always be a budget choice, a luxury choice, and a lot of stuff in between, and everyone has to find what works for them, suits their budget and makes them happy!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:07 am

tiyuricc wrote:I completely understand Tory.

A couple of weeks ago I was given heaps of prefolds that have been through about 5 kids... I had to google just to check that's what they were :oops:

Does anyone know if these have evolved over the years? I didn't trust that it'd hold, but tried one this evening and success even though she tested it to the max :giggle: Didn't get beyond the wrap but I wouldn't want that on my wool. I'm guessing they're cotton, these are so old they'd be from before bamboo was used as a fabric. Also, do you boost them?

I can see I could easily get hooked on them if they work... I'm a cheap and cheerful kinda gal and am getting fed up with some of the fancy nappies i've bought. But maybe that's just because they live under sleepsuits at the moment. Looking forward to some cute skirts when she's a bit older so show off what's underneath.

Sorry i missed your post!!

I dont think prefolds have evolved much over the years, they are pretty basic nappies however you can now get them in bamboo and hemp etc. I dont boost them if i tri fold them...we get 3 hours out of a trifolded prefold in a wrap :) If i nippa them they im more inclined to boost them and if i do then i just stick a bamboo booster under the fleece liner and its good to go :)

Carolyn, I wasnt saying people shouldnt spend lots of money on nappies, I have more DnFs that anything else in my stash atm...i just think there is something lovely about cheap nappies that do the job :) something satisyfying...atm i know i spend waaaay more on nappies and wool that i ever would have done with sposies...and i just get a kick out of knowing that i could do it for next to nothing :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

Yeah, but I doubt anyone would have bought the sposies off you after your LOs were done with them :wink:

I do have a couple of "plain" nappies but I have a serious addiction to beautiful dyed OBV fitteds, and they work really well for us... if I were buying prefolds, they'd probably be OBV too!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 am

Im never happy either :(

Just a p0ndering how would prefolds and wool work? would it stay put??

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am

rhead wrote:Yeah, but I doubt anyone would have bought the sposies off you after your LOs were done with them :wink:

I do have a couple of "plain" nappies but I have a serious addiction to beautiful dyed OBV fitteds, and they work really well for us... if I were buying prefolds, they'd probably be OBV too!

Very very true :)

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am

Sorry it wasn't really aimed at you Hun, I should have quoted the message I was replying too.

gilbertandmartha wrote:I really think that the amount of choice is a really big problem. Also some of the hype that is created around some nappies. I do wonder that if the amount of people who have fitting issues is more about look issues (and I'll duck ready for the firing squad :giggle: )

I was this I found offensive, it's a rediculous comment to make and I do resent it. You may well find it funny to make such a comment but what makes you think that's OK? Your reply wasn't even in the same vain as the OP.

Some may well use cloth nappies just because they're pretty (nothing wrong with that if they work) but at the same time there are many of us who have tried and failed with most readily available brands and it was either turn to wahms or use disposibles. I know I'm not the only person to do this. I would quite happily have all plain nappies, if they worked for us. As it is every brand I tried i failed with and tbh I would rather use cloth than disposibles so had to go elsewhere.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 am

charlibunny wrote:Im never happy either :(

Yes it will if you pin/nippa...kieren is napping now in a nippa'd prefold and longies :)

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 am

megansmummy wrote:
charlibunny wrote:Im never happy either :(

Yes it will if you pin/nippa...kieren is napping now in a nippa'd prefold and longies :)

On the risk of getting laughed at, how the hell do you nippa a prefold? :hohoho: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 am

Charli, no one would laugh at you!!!

folds~
http://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php

Nippa just like you would a nappy...one side...then other...then stretch down and grab :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat