Why arnt i ever happy?? update pg 5 :o)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Why arnt i ever happy??

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:19 pm

northernruth wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:ive been toying with idea of buying a couple prefolds to try for a couple weeks actually! ive just got a pocket stash sorted and dawn outpees them :roll:

If she's outpeeing things when she never used to that can be one of the best signs of bladder control.......I hate to mention it but maybe time for potty training :giggle:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry: :hohoho: :hohoho:
I know, I've been thinking this. We keep trying her with knickers on and she just wont do it. She's practically PT'd with no pants on, but that's not practical for nursery/public :hohoho:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:22 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:slightly OT, has anyone used a prefold belt?

No, had never heard of them till you asked and i googled :giggle: Dont think i would bother to be honist :-? I like to nippa them though under wool or simply trifold them :)

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I completely understand Tory.

A couple of weeks ago I was given heaps of prefolds that have been through about 5 kids... I had to google just to check that's what they were :oops:

Does anyone know if these have evolved over the years? I didn't trust that it'd hold, but tried one this evening and success even though she tested it to the max :giggle: Didn't get beyond the wrap but I wouldn't want that on my wool. I'm guessing they're cotton, these are so old they'd be from before bamboo was used as a fabric. Also, do you boost them?

I can see I could easily get hooked on them if they work... I'm a cheap and cheerful kinda gal and am getting fed up with some of the fancy nappies i've bought. But maybe that's just because they live under sleepsuits at the moment. Looking forward to some cute skirts when she's a bit older so show off what's underneath.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Tory do you want an econobum? I have one and dont want it. I dont do prefolds :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 pm

I've got a HUGE stash of prefolds (BTP pack!) that I've never even bothered trying to sell :lol: they make great nappy mat covers and mopup cloths though :lol:
Personally I really don't like them as nappies as I can never get a good fit with them - but I think it's for a simliar reason that front-snap nappies don't suit my girls, wing droop...
They're also quite bulky compared to bamboo/hemp for the absorbency...
I do have a lovely BV prefold from puddlekins but I use that for boosting inside night nappies :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 pm

I used a prefold with a simple wrap for the first couple of months after DD was born. They worked really well for us, but since joining this site I must admit I've got into all the pretty nappies. I have tried quite a few now, but have ended up with a stash that is mainly two or three different types of nappies, as I know what works for us now. I do love the softness of the new nappies, but DD doesn't seem bothered which one she is wearing really - it's all for my benefit really :oops:

I have a friend who got all her nappies and wraps for under £200 and I really admire her for that!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Is the nesting instinct kicking off early, Tory?? :giggle:

I know what you mean as I just rummaged thru my entire stash today as 1/3 of it just isn't working due to Max out-peeing so many of his nappies - hence all the Classifieds :giggle:

I love having a stash but I'm just not happy with whats in it at the mo. HL Bedbugs, LLS and FnS are working really well for us but are expensive :x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 pm

I started off with 'off the shelf' brands and after trying a fair amount and trying to persevere none of them worked for us. I tried pockets and also fitteds/wraps or wool. It got to the point where Noah would outwee an unboosted nappy within an hour and also night nappies were making his legs very sore as were the wraps we used. It was a case of give wahm nappies a try or go to sposies (which i didn't want to do but Mike was more than happy to give up and use them).

Anyway, i bought a few different brands, WNNL's, HL and F&S. Luckily all of them worked like a dream so we had HL for nights which did away with 'terry burns' and the WN and F&S worked really well under wool. Then Noah started weeing even more so i had to switch to heavy wetter ones for day, he now wears mostly HL for days and WNNN for nights (although i'm loving LLS for nights, they fit him perfectly).

I would love it if i could get away with a cheaper nappy system for him but as it is i can't. He's to heavy a wetter and i don't have to time to be changing him on the hour especially since Poppy is following the same pattern. And i figure that whilst i'm happy to spend £20-£30 on a nappy then why shouldn't I?! Embroidery and dye aren't my main motivation, the nappies i buy fit and work well for my children and the prettiness are just a bonus.

I do agree thats theres something pleasing about a lovely plain nappy, i loved Poppy's plain terries when she was a newborn she looked adorable in them.:D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat