could i get some advice please?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

could i get some advice please?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 am

hi ladies.
i would appreciate your thoughts or advice please as am unsure what to do.

Ethan mainly wears v2 bg's during the day but i do alternate that with medium fuzzis too. I prefer the bg's for nursery as they are applix so i mix them up with the fuzzis when he is at home..he also occasionaly wears a bamboo little lamb under fleece when we are just knocking about at home and he wears large wnnn's at night.

my first question is this...
i bought last year when i was organised and stocking up ahead of him outgrowing his medium fuzzis a load of large fuzzis...22 in fact. :giggle:
they have been sat at the bottom of his nappy storage since i bought them but they still seem far too big on him. in fact i am questioning if they will ever fit him as he is a skinny minny realy although he is pretty long in the rise.
so what would you do?
would you keep hanging on to the large fuzzis in the hope that he may fitin them one day...or would you get rid of them to fund other nappies?

secondly. can i ask a question about bamboo little lambs please?
i am pregnant with baby number 3 and am starting to get a stash together for when he/she is born....i have been buying xs nappies as i already have a large stash of size 1 nappies that i used with ethan.
i also have some brand new size 1 little lambs nappies (bamboo).
Now they look too bulky to me for a newborn but can the top part be folded down so it would be smaller and less bulky for a newborn?
have any of you done this before and has it worked well?
i do realy like bamboo little lambs and i have a feeling they might be the nappies i use the most for the first few months.

And last but by no means least......
the bg's i have are onesize. i love the reliability of these nappies even though they bore me to tears to look at.
i bought all of mine preloved with dodgy elastic so i got them cheap.
i have fixed all the elastics in them so they are as good as new. problem is they usualy came with either just a large bg microfibre insert or none at all.
i use two little lamb bamboo boosters in mine with an ep hemp underneith and leaks are a very very rare occurance for us.
so my question is this...how good are these nappies on the smallest setting for a newborn baby?
and what insert/boosters would you reccomend for a newborn?
would just one little lamb bamboo insert be enough or would i need two straight awaf from newborn?
i have got a huge bag of the large size bg microfibre inserts as i didnt have the heart to sell them but they would be too big for the nappy on its smallest setting wouldnt they?

phewwwww...anyway, thats me done for now.
i would love your advice or ideas.

thanks very much in advance x :hug:
Last edited by angiepangie2809 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: could i get some advice please?

Postby rachymoo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 am

About the fuzzis, what does he weigh now? I’m the same about the size large, I’m not sure if my DD will ever go into that size as she’s nearly 18 months now and is only 21lb (and has been that weight for quite a while. She still has LOADS of room in the size medium! So you might be best selling them and getting mediums instead. Maybe if you’re not sure you could just sell a few at first and see how you get on with the mediums?

I’m not sure about folding LLs, I haven’t seen or heard anywhere that you’re able to do that – I’m not sure if that’s make it quite difficult to fasten them? But have you tried Tots Bots Bamboozles? If you get some size 2s they can be folded down and used as a birth to potty nappy. Also XS Motherease Sandys seem to be popular for newborns and they are SO cute :D I love Sandys and use them on my DD quite a lot.

Not sure about the inserts for BGs sorry, I’ve never used BGs (although I want to try them!) and have also never used cloth on a newborn.

Rach xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:53 am

can't really reply properly but i will try a LL on the lil man when his cord comes off

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 am

rachymoo wrote:About the fuzzis, what does he weigh now? I’m the same about the size large, I’m not sure if my DD will ever go into that size as she’s nearly 18 months now and is only 21lb (and has been that weight for quite a while. She still has LOADS of room in the size medium! So you might be best selling them and getting mediums instead. Maybe if you’re not sure you could just sell a few at first and see how you get on with the mediums?

I’m not sure about folding LLs, I haven’t seen or heard anywhere that you’re able to do that – I’m not sure if that’s make it quite difficult to fasten them? But have you tried Tots Bots Bamboozles? If you get some size 2s they can be folded down and used as a birth to potty nappy. Also XS Motherease Sandys seem to be popular for newborns and they are SO cute :D I love Sandys and use them on my DD quite a lot.

Not sure about the inserts for BGs sorry, I’ve never used BGs (although I want to try them!) and have also never used cloth on a newborn.

Rach xx

thanks hun. ethan is 13 months old and about 22lbs i think. and he does seem to have lots of room left in the mediums. am just slightly concerned incase he outgrows the mediums in the rise eventualy.
i have got loads of xs sandys now but i am a little dissapinted as it had realy been bamboo ones i had wanted this time round but i couldnt justify about a tenner on each xs nappy and they just dont come up on the classifieds....the cotton terry ones do though in fact i have so many of them now i think my stash of xs sandies is complete...unless i come across some bamboo ones.
thanks for your ideas hun...much appreciated. x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 am

flutterby wrote:can't really reply properly but i will try a LL on the lil man when his cord comes off

oooooh, excellent. let me know how you get on with it wont you?
thanks x

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 am

I have a sikni mini too, I use large fuzzis on him because of the rise I have added more snaps so the front crosses over and extras to make the legs tighter. As for the LL's you can fold the front down and nippa them to make them smaller.
:wine:
xx

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 am

Firstly, congratulations on the pregnancy !

I'm not sure about complete newborns, but I have used a bamboo LL on Clara overnight since she was about 3 weeks old, and it's been fine. She was a big baby though (4.2kg / 9lb4oz), but is now below the 50th percentile.

Also, for BG's, I've been using them since birth on her (V3's I think, but not certain - I picked them up cheap on classifieds). They were quite bulky on her when she was tiny, but not too bad. She out-peed the newborn insert within 30mins when she was 2-days old, so I immediately changed to using the big insert only during the day or both the big and newborn inserts together overnight. I did have a few runny poo leaks out of them when she was little, but this stopped when she was about 6-8 weeks old.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 am

emmavmorgan wrote:I have a sikni mini too, I use large fuzzis on him because of the rise I have added more snaps so the front crosses over and extras to make the legs tighter. As for the LL's you can fold the front down and nippa them to make them smaller.
:wine:
xx

that is a fabby idea hun. i dont have a snap press myself but i might see how much it would cost me to get this done on mine....or at least some of them.
thanks hun x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:49 am

Haven't read all the replies sorry, but I used BG XS all-in-ones on DD from 2 weeks old until she was 5 weeks old - these worked really well at first but she quickly outgrew them in the rise - we got them on loan from the local real nappy network which worked out much cheaper than buying - I think I'll do the same again (they were 50p each a week to hire I think). We also used pre-folds in a wrap which worked well for us too.

I then started using BG on the smallest setting from about 6 weeks old, with the newborn insert and one little lamb bamboo booster. This worked great and lasted about 3 hours, we kept using the same combination in the medium popper setting, and only went up to the large MF insert when DD moved onto the largest popper setting.

Re the Fuzzis - they do seem to be larger than many other brands - DD is 22lbs at 8.5 months and wears larges in most nappies, but is still in her medium Fuzzis with growing room! I have one large and it looks huge on her, although I do think she'll be in them eventually if she keeps growing the way she has so far.

I would sell half of your larges and maybe buy some BTP Fuzzis, or just keep the funds until you know what you do want to get. 11 would still be enough for a couple of days as you don't change as often once they are older anyway, so even if he does need the larges you would still have plenty!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat