hf1

could i get some advice please?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: could i get some advice please?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 am

Miss_Purple wrote:Haven't read all the replies sorry, but I used BG XS all-in-ones on DD from 2 weeks old until she was 5 weeks old - these worked really well at first but she quickly outgrew them in the rise - we got them on loan from the local real nappy network which worked out much cheaper than buying - I think I'll do the same again (they were 50p each a week to hire I think). We also used pre-folds in a wrap which worked well for us too.

I then started using BG on the smallest setting from about 6 weeks old, with the newborn insert and one little lamb bamboo booster. This worked great and lasted about 3 hours, we kept using the same combination in the medium popper setting, and only went up to the large MF insert when DD moved onto the largest popper setting.

Re the Fuzzis - they do seem to be larger than many other brands - DD is 22lbs at 8.5 months and wears larges in most nappies, but is still in her medium Fuzzis with growing room! I have one large and it looks huge on her, although I do think she'll be in them eventually if she keeps growing the way she has so far.

I would sell half of your larges and maybe buy some BTP Fuzzis, or just keep the funds until you know what you do want to get. 11 would still be enough for a couple of days as you don't change as often once they are older anyway, so even if he does need the larges you would still have plenty!

yeah thats a good idea. if i cant get extra poppers added i might sell half the stash.
re the xs bg's aio's...ive been trying to get some of these preloved but to no avail unfortunatly...i shall keep looking though.
thanks

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:47 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:
emmavmorgan wrote:I have a sikni mini too, I use large fuzzis on him because of the rise I have added more snaps so the front crosses over and extras to make the legs tighter. As for the LL's you can fold the front down and nippa them to make them smaller.
:wine:
xx

that is a fabby idea hun. i dont have a snap press myself but i might see how much it would cost me to get this done on mine....or at least some of them.
thanks hun x

Snap Pliers are about 30$ so it might be worth buying one depending on what the quotes come in like for the work. sorry its taken me about 50 mins to write this as DS2 keeps bringing me the potty and telling me he needs a wee wee and then changing his mind :hohoho: he is now sat on the potty with his book :hohoho: I have completely lost my train of thought :oops:
:hug:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm

emmavmorgan wrote:
angiepangie2809 wrote:
emmavmorgan wrote:I have a sikni mini too, I use large fuzzis on him because of the rise I have added more snaps so the front crosses over and extras to make the legs tighter. As for the LL's you can fold the front down and nippa them to make them smaller.
:wine:
xx

that is a fabby idea hun. i dont have a snap press myself but i might see how much it would cost me to get this done on mine....or at least some of them.
thanks hun x

Snap Pliers are about 30$ so it might be worth buying one depending on what the quotes come in like for the work. sorry its taken me about 50 mins to write this as DS2 keeps bringing me the potty and telling me he needs a wee wee and then changing his mind :hohoho: he is now sat on the potty with his book :hohoho: I have completely lost my train of thought :oops:
:hug:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:46 pm

I used LL bamboo & tots bamboozles on Rufus from about 6 weeks, before this they did fit but were so stupidly bulky that it looked silly and couldn't get newborn clothes on! They still just about fit at 19 weeks & 19lb but the rise is getting a bit low on my very long boy.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat