hf1

Night nappy for a 9 week old?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night nappy for a 9 week old?

Postby clarge » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:14 pm

My 9 week old sleeps 7-7 but does only wake to feed in the night, maybe at 1am and 5am, so I dont change his nappy so he sleeps straight through in essence.

I am currently using a bamboo little lamb with 2 bamboo LL boosters on him overnight with wool but they are sooooooooo saturated in the morning its unreal. I need something more absorbent. Can anyone recommend anything? Not sure about actual night nappies on little uns as i only used cloth from 12 months on dylan.....

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Night nappy for a 9 week old?

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:22 pm

I used LL's on Poppy before going over to small bedbugs, but i'd still boost the bedbug because Poppy would also feed through the night. Shes only recently started sleeping through. (so very jealous :giggle:).

How about LLS? I have one for Noah with the heavy wetter bamboo fleece core and inserts made of bamboo fleece and OBV outer/inner. It works and fits perfectly. I haven't had to boost it on him and he's a seriously heavy wetter. I guess its just down to weather the small would fit Elliot?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 pm

he does feed through the night, but doesnt wake, we co-sleep so he just latches and snoozes... :-) So lots of wee but no opportunity to change him.

I love WNNN on dylan, my faves by far... but the medium i think would drown him... Not tried LLS nappies.... may have a look see.... I never found bedbugs very absorbent on dylan, nor UD's....

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:29 pm

wow we used LL and bamboozles at that age so not sure. I love puddlekins and LLS are highly rated too.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm

paintedclaws wrote:How about LLS? I have one for Noah with the heavy wetter bamboo fleece core and inserts made of bamboo fleece and OBV outer/inner. It works and fits perfectly. I haven't had to boost it on him and he's a seriously heavy wetter.

:shock: Your so lucky! I have to boost ours and they are still very wet on the outside at times. Even so I have found LLS to be the most absorbant and best fit for him so thats all we use!

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 pm

I think Noah's relaxed his weeing a teeny bit at night...He's still just as bad during the day though. :giggle:

Cara, how about something really simple like an bumble with lots of padding? Maybe a little wee'd or something with lots of bamboo.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 pm

clarge wrote:My 9 week old sleeps 7-7 but does only wake to feed in the night, maybe at 1am and 5am, so I dont change his nappy so he sleeps straight through in essence.

I am currently using a bamboo little lamb with 2 bamboo LL boosters on him overnight with wool but they are sooooooooo saturated in the morning its unreal. I need something more absorbent. Can anyone recommend anything? Not sure about actual night nappies on little uns as i only used cloth from 12 months on dylan.....

I'd try this if the sizing sounds right. http://www.puddlekins.com/shop/product. ... roduct=314
I've just got 2 PK NN's they come highly recommended. I started using dedicted NN with Rufus from 8 weeks as he wasn't waking despite feeding so didn't want to wake him with nappy changing. HL BB's were great until 12 weeks when he started to outpee them, but by then his WNNN (M) fitted him. I also recommend LLS Nights, pricey, but slim & they work! Rufus went into M's in these at around 12 weeks. So it may be worth trying to boost or make do with what you can until you can get him into M's as these should last a good while.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm

The first one we used was a small standard minki but that wasn't until about 15weeks.
I'd suggest a LLS or Puddlekins as others have suggested.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Weenotions might do you a small if you ask? I know they do XL on request. Id recommend LLS or puddlekins too. Goodmamas do a night nappy (onesize) and we have the nippa version so you can really get a good fit/fold down the front but i think you would have to order them from Goodmama direct as i dont know of a stockist here :-? What about a size 1 Hollow Oak NN? A few pop up on classifieds from time to time but Emma (Emma S) might do a custom if you ask her nicely :)

Sarah x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat