hf1

Which cheap chinese nappies...

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Which cheap chinese nappies...

Postby freckle » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Are all the pocket nappies from china the same standard or is there some to avoid and some worth searching for?

I thought they might be an easy option for when I go back to work and that it might be easier to always send in the same nappy so they can get used to them. Thought I would send him in in mostly fleece to avoid any leaks too.

Are the inserts already provided ok or would I have to get others? I don't think Oz is a particlarly heavy wetter unless he is having a :bf: day.

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Which cheap chinese nappies...

Postby mrsbrightside » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 pm

hey hun, we have one from china and tbh its been fab... leighton is a pretty heavy wetter and hes never leaked from it yet. I use one of the inserts, which are exactly the same as a coolababy MF one from what I can see and feel... i normally double boost but i think for the price ya cant really go wrong... ive noticed the seller I bought mine from is giving free postage with some at the min and starting them dead cheap

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 am

I love my coolababys and get them from baby bots over here but also have a happy flute which also works for us and cant decide whether to order more
sarah

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:46 am

There's a fairly recent post on here about coolababies nappies saying that they don't last long at all - the PUL goes crinkly etc. Peoples thought were that you get what you pay for. Maybe you'd be better just getting soem cheap pre-loved pockets?

If I find the link about coolababies, I'll add it on for you hun :wink:

Here it is!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48287#p551183

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am

I like coolababies - they are such a good price and work just as well as a BG ime. No problems with PUL here.

Vickix

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am

I have the rainbow BB's, they are fab just as relaiable as my BG's, only thing is i dnt think they fir fir till potty training, although still fit my 19month old 23lb princess :wink:

Watch out thou cause i was looking at them yesterday and some of the ones that have the funky prints, you can only wash on a very very low heat setting so not sure how good they would be xxx

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am

i prefered the coolababies over the rainbow bb's simply because the rainbow bb's elastic on the legs rubbed the inside of ethans thighs and made them sore...could have just been a bad batch though.
i had no probs with the coolababies at all and the pul was fine in them, infact i found the pul in them better than in my fuzzis.
the one insert usualy isnt enough. either slip and ep hemp in under it or use 2 bamboo little lamb boosters and an ep hemp under them. they should work a treat then.

for ease of use though if you are wanting them for nursery or the childmainder i have found bumgenius v2 brilliant. they are applix so its just like popping on a diposable nappy for those out there that are not used to or inclined towards cloth.
good luck :hug:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:54 am

WTS, I never had any probs with the coolababies/chinese ones I had, just needed boosting a bit more.

angiepangie2809 wrote:for ease of use though if you are wanting them for nursery or the childmainder i have found bumgenius v2 brilliant. they are applix so its just like popping on a diposable nappy for those out there that are not used to or inclined towards cloth.

I'd agree about the applix, some people may find poppers fiddly if they're not used to them, altho I find the fit of poppers better on Kellan.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

We use Coolababies full time. I 've had them for nine months now and only have a small stash of approx 20, so they do get hammered. I've only had a problem with PUL on one, so it must have been a dodgy batch a bit like the dodgy batch of itti's with the same problem.

They are great nappies for us, we use the MF insert and a LL bamboo booster and they usually last 3 hours unless he's been downing juice and then we'll need to change more often. Both my mum and DH like them as they're so easy to use.
I get mine from babybots.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat