Hollow Oak sizing

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Hollow Oak sizing

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 am

Helloo

Is there anyone who has used HO size 1s who could give me an idea of whether the sizing is quite generous or not? I’m just trying to work out whether size 1 would fit my little lady, who is 21lb and nearly 18 months. Apparently some people have used the size 1s on older children before with no problems?

I have to say, she’s still in mediums in some other nappies (even though according to the weight range she’d be better with larges) so I’m thinking it would be OK – but just interested to know what other people think?

Rach xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Hollow Oak sizing

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

I would go for a size 2. Gracie was smaller than your DD when she got her first HO and it was a size 2, what fabric are you looking at?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:44 am

Our size1 fitted for ages and did still fit at 21lbs but given it fitted from birth I'd say you are MUCH better off going for a size 2...

Grace fits both the size2 and toddler ones very nicely at night and she's 24lbs

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am

Kirstyh wrote:I would go for a size 2. Gracie was smaller than your DD when she got her first HO and it was a size 2, what fabric are you looking at?

WSS. I bought size 2s for Max when he weighed about 20lbs at 12 months :wink:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

I would get a size 2. They are quite low in the rise i find anyway so id worry the size 1 would be too small x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat