hf1

Problems getting parcels from Cheeks & Cherries?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Problems getting parcels from Cheeks & Cherries?

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Anyone had trouble receiving their order from Cheeks & Cherries?

I ordered a limited edition Itti a few weeks ago and it never arrived :( I did wait a while as wanted to make sure it wasn't just a bit delayed, but it never did turn up. So anyway, Alix said she'd send me a replacement. I also ordered one of the new Issy Bears and so I think she said they were going to be sent together on Friday. On Monday the postman left a card as something needed a signature and I wasn't in - I thought it would be that but I've just been and collected the parcel and it wasn't :(

Worried now! I know that it's 100% not Alix's fault, her customer service has always been EXCELLENT. But I'm just worried now and wondering if maybe they are having problems their end - has anyone else not received something? I'm a bit worried now that she'll think I'm lying - after all 2 parcels in a row gone missing doesn't look great does it! :-?

Rach xx

ETA: I should probably have named this thread 'problems with Royal Mail?' rather than with Cheeks & Cherries, as I'm pretty sure it's a problem with Royal Mail. I suppose I just meant that maybe Cheeks & Cherries were having a problem with Royal Mail their end. Who knows!
Last edited by rachymoo on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Problems getting parcels from Cheeks & Cherries?

Postby Vicki » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I would get back in touch with them - Alix and Matthew provide good customer service and I know she would be sad to find out you were disappointed again. Not very good tbh - hope RM havent lost them again :x

Vicki

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 pm

I've emailed Alix, just waiting to hear back. I'm not complaining about Cheeks & Cherries, just want to make that clear - I suspect it's down to Royal Mail both times tbh - just a bit worrying is all!

Rach xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 pm

RM really have been terrible of late, I've waited over a week for two parcels. I know Steph has also been waiting a week for 5 parcels to turn up. At least if you get in touch with Alix again they'll know that maybe they need to look at an alternative courier/delivery company as it may not just be you.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I would advise go back to Royal Mail and get them to check there wasn't a second (and a third) parcel wating for you to collect.

It is a HUGE problem for RM that so many bulky goods come by post to home addresses where people are frequently out - and all the easy to deliver profitable business post is creamed off by other delivery companies. They won't admit it, but I am convinced they often fill the 'sorry you were out' cards in the depot before they set off, and leave bulky or heavy parcels behind.

Naturally nappies and nappy liners fall into that category. Of course you and I know we are sitting waiting for our goodies because we are expecting them, but Mr overladen postie isn't to know that, it's just another bulky package to carry about for 3-4 hours on his round which he could do without, hence he aims to give you a card instead. He isn't supposed to do this but I am convinced it happens (so does Daily Telegraph). Problem is those cards are smaller than a lot of the rest of your mail - the bank statemnets and bills are all A5 size, and under that red elastic band they curl up, and the card for your nappy parcel drops out of the elastic band, so you don't even know it should have come that day (when you were in).

A fair number of parcels are returned to us marked 'not called for' when our customer has been in all morning every morning when the postie comes, but they've never received a card. We know this because we get a regular stream of complaints about our poor service and then either another complaint 'why have we sent 2?' when they collect both at the sorting office (yet have never received a card for either), or we get one back very dusty labelled 'not called for'
Sadly there's not much alternative as you lot want free postage not to pay £6 or so in courier charges for one nappy - and the low margin on nappies means free courier delivery on small items isn't really a viable proposition either!
The only other way around it is to shop locally - we try to deliver most things local to us ourselves - our record speedy delivery was item ordered at 15.05 delivered at 15.14 - happened the lady lived right by the school run school, and ordered just as we were leaving!

I would definitely re-visit your sorting office in this instance! Am sure it's not a C&C problem.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 pm

This happened with a parcel I posted to someone from here on the classifieds. When it still hadn't arrived after three weeks I asked her to check with her local sorting office just in case it was there - not really holding out much hope, and kicking myself that I hadn't sent it recorded delivery. Anyway, the upshot was it had been there all along and her postman hadn't put a card through her door :roll: All's well that ends well though, hopefully your parcel will turn up :hug:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

i'd check the sorting office again, they often don't leave cards they must run out of them :shock:
hope it turns up soon, when our post was playing up here 1st class was taking a week :shock:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks everyone. Miranda, I agree about the leaving cards thing, I'm sure they do it without even bringing the parcel half the time!

I'm sure it's not a C&C problem too - I feel bad now that people think I'm complaining about them. I'm honestly not, they are fab and I've never had such great service! Can't fault them at all tbh.

I did ask in the sorting office yesterday though if there were any more parcels for me and they said no. But i think if I haven't received it by tomorrow then I'll go back and ask again, because that will have been over a week now.

Thanks again xx

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Quick update - got home from work today and it's still not here :( (2 other parcels were but not that!) poor Alix, she has been so understanding and has said she will send my order AGAIN tomorrow.. I just feel so bad for her! She's going to do it recorded delivery this time so hopefully that'll be better. I'm hoping this missing one does turn up eventually in which case I will send it straight back to her.

Damn Royal Mail! :evil:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat