hf1

Leaking help- pockets

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Leaking help- pockets

Postby takefu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm

So, my mother in law (who looks after DD 2 days/week) seems to have leaking issues with our pockets. I havent had any problems really- so I can't figure out what she is doing wrong! I asked if she was tucking in the paper liner and any other bits, and she says yes... I think she is changing her often enough... what am I missing? Any advice? :-?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Leaking help- pockets

Postby monsterm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Are you stuffing the nappies or is MIL? Have you asked her how often she changes? Could your inserts need stripping?

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm stuffing them for her, and they are all relatively new so I can't imagine they'd need stripping. She claims that she changes her about every 3 hours. But then again she was pretty vague about this.... I think I change her around about as often.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

And you have no problems with them leaking? :-? Are they popper or velcro? Maybe she has them on too loose?

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Monsterm you might be on to something here!
I wonder if it's the way she is putting them on. They are all velcro and I tend to fasten them pretty tightly. But Nana likes to dress her in a vest and tights 'for freedom', so I'd imagine she worries about her nappy inhibiting her movement! I also had a chat with her about frequency of changing and she said, 'oh maybe I've left her too long... those paper nappies are so different...' So- it could be a combination of things. Thanks for the insight!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat