hf1

having to take disposables camping

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

having to take disposables camping

Postby jennyclaire » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:41 pm

well, I'm off camping at the start August to a Guide camp. Taking me 2 kids who will be almost 4 months old and 18.5months old. I am gutted that I won't be able to take my cloth nappies with me. I'm going to have to take disposables!! :( There is not any washing facilities.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: having to take disposables camping

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

How long are you going for? I’ve been away a couple of times where there’s been no washing facilities and got on with cloth OK – I just took a big wetbag and put all the dirty ones in there and did a big nappy wash when I got home. I guess it depends how long you’re going for though, and whether you’ve got enough nappies.

Rach xx

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

rachymoo wrote:How long are you going for? I’ve been away a couple of times where there’s been no washing facilities and got on with cloth OK – I just took a big wetbag and put all the dirty ones in there and did a big nappy wash when I got home. I guess it depends how long you’re going for though, and whether you’ve got enough nappies.

Rach xx

It will be for 8 days (7 nights)...

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Don't know what to suggest as 8 nights is a long time to have cloth in a wet bag. Maybe you could do part-time cloth? Or even use eco-sposies so at least there's no nasty stuff against their skin? :hug:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:05 pm

I've just been on a week's camping holiday and used disposables. I didn't have washing facilities and wasn't going to let my nappies stay dirty for a week. What if they went mouldy :shock:
You'll appreciate them all the more when you get back.
Shaunie wrote:Don't know what to suggest as 8 nights is a long time to have cloth in a wet bag. Maybe you could do part-time cloth? Or even use eco-sposies so at least there's no nasty stuff against their skin? :hug:

I just used standard nappies as the eco ones still have chemical gels in them, I've yet to be convinced that eco disposable exist.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Hmm yes that is a long time - I wouldn't have enough nappies to last that long. I would just buy the eco disposables in that case then x

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

i think i will get normal disposables though as they are cheaper. Yes i will definitely appreciate my cloth nappies when i get home!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:12 pm

other option would be to use disposables for the first 4 days and cloth for the last 4 days? That way the wet/dirty ones won't be in a wet bag for too long, and you can wash them as soon as you're home.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:43 pm

ebonina wrote:I've just been on a week's camping holiday and used disposables. I didn't have washing facilities and wasn't going to let my nappies stay dirty for a week. What if they went mouldy :shock:
You'll appreciate them all the more when you get back.
Shaunie wrote:Don't know what to suggest as 8 nights is a long time to have cloth in a wet bag. Maybe you could do part-time cloth? Or even use eco-sposies so at least there's no nasty stuff against their skin? :hug:

I just used standard nappies as the eco ones still have chemical gels in them, I've yet to be convinced that eco disposable exist.

The one's I use don't but for me, it's also that I want the nappy to be more breathable, unlike regular sposies :)

Hope your camping trip goes well jennyclaire :idea:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat