hf1

having to take disposables camping

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: having to take disposables camping

Postby g murphy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:51 pm

e586 wrote:other option would be to use disposables for the first 4 days and cloth for the last 4 days? That way the wet/dirty ones won't be in a wet bag for too long, and you can wash them as soon as you're home.

that sounds like a good plan hunnie. xx

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:05 pm

e586 wrote:other option would be to use disposables for the first 4 days and cloth for the last 4 days? That way the wet/dirty ones won't be in a wet bag for too long, and you can wash them as soon as you're home.

ah now that's an option, that could work! thanks :)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 pm

yay!! :) hope it works well, even if you just manage 2-3 days in cloth, if you do them at the end there won't be too many smelly wet bags to open on return.

we did 3 days camping a few weeks ago and it worked fine using them full time. My large wet bag held everything, and even in hot weather it didn't get smelly like I worried about (I told Mark we might be strapping the wet bag to the roof bars if it was too smelly for the car!! :) )

let us know how you get on?

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:04 am

I will let you know how I get on :)

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am

If the weather is forecast fine and sunny, I'd take terry squares and some Nappy Fresh/Nappy Soak and a bucket to soak them, spare bucket to rinse them, wring them out and hang them to dry. Or use one of these - bet the Guides would love turning the handle: http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acata ... .html?1405

My avatar
irishmel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby irishmel » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:23 pm

I am just back from a full day out in the sorching sun, and god do the nappy bags smell! I put the dirty bag (3 pooy ones, 4 wet ones) inside the clean one (shoving the spare nappies in the shopping basket) and tied them all up, but I could still smell the buggy a mile away!! I definitely would not survive 4 days!! I am currently washing the nappies twice a day now its so hot, otherwise the nursery stinks of wee :(

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 am

well i've counted my cloth nappies and i just have enough for 8 days camping, it's the storing of the dirty ones is going to be an issue....

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm

well i did it! I took my cloth nappies for 8 days camping for 2 kids!! Not a problem. I did however, use disposables for night time use. Not bad hey?? :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Well done :wine: :wine: It's easier than you expect, isn't it?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat