hf1

Help! Getting less than an hour out of Ecobubs wool pockes!

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Help! Getting less than an hour out of Ecobubs wool pockes!

Postby Isla'smum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:21 pm

I recently bought a couple of large Ecobubs wool pockets (1 new and 1 preloved) and I LOVE the fit on DD2 but no matter what I stuff them with DD2 is soaking in less than an hour :( I have tried a BG mf insert with a hemp booster as I thought the mf doubler supplied with the nappy was a tad wide (can normally get at least a couple of hours if not longer out of this combo in a BG V3). However I then tried the mf insert supplied with a huge hemp GK insert behind it and it was the same. The fit of the nappy seems really good to me so I don't understand why they appear to be leaking around the legs :-? They get such good reviews, but DD2 is a mega heavy wetter - any idea what I can try stuffing them with that will last longer?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help! Getting less than an hour out of Ecobubs wool pockes!

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:23 pm

We stuff ours with a pd bamboo and 2 ep hemp.i found microfibre useless and don't use it at all.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm

WSS, I never bothered with the MF insert but ours worked great with a hemp/bamboo combo. :wink:

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks - maybe I've been lulled into a false sense of mf security due to my trusty old BGs :giggle: Will try different hemp/bamboo combos with what I have (really regretting selling my PD bamboos right now :cry: ). I have a load of EH hemp boosters that I use in my BBSS (behind the BB mf/hemp insert!) but they were bought preloved and seem to be a bit threadbare so I'm wondering if they might not be up to the Ecobubs job??? Am guessing threadbare means not that absorbent anymore???

May have to resort to using the Ecobubs as fitteds as they seem really comfy on DD2 (not that she tells me!) :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat