hf1

Thirsties Duo pockets- anyone have these?

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Thirsties Duo pockets- anyone have these?

Postby takefu » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi all
So, I bought three Thirsties Duo pockets about a month ago, and I really wanted to love them.
I like the design- there is an opening at the front and back of the nappy so the insert just agitates out in the washer.
Problem is, after about 6 - 7 washes the inserts started to shred and then I noticed leaks developing around the poppers at the front where you button it down to make it smaller. I was so gutted! :x
Anyone else have these nappies, and if so, have you experienced anything like this? I can't decide if it's just a bad batch and if I might try to send them back (they are under warranty) or if I should just forget about them and get another brand...

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Thirsties Duo pockets- anyone have these?

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 am

I use and sell them and have never had any problems with them at all. No customers have returned any and Max's is still in perfect condition. I would return it to the shop you bought it from and get another one.

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:40 am

I might try to get new inserts- I've already had one replacement and they are a bit different from the ones that come with the nappy... they seem better. Do you ever notice any wetness coming through around the poppers, though? Is this normal? They have a little fleecy fabric on the back of the area where the poppers are, which is different from our other nappies- which is maybe why it gets damp around the poppers...

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:39 pm

No, I havent noticed any wetness coming through where the poppers are at all. We had a few leaks from the leg area but I think that was down to the inserts not being washed enough times. I have noticed they hold a lot more now they've been washed more.

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Ok Ive been using the new insert and it's much better today. No wetness around the poppers. I wonder if that was a one off thing- she had a lot to drink and had a nap on her tummy so maybe it was just a freak thing. Otherwise I love these nappies...

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

:idea: i have 1, have used it a few times, may even get another, not my fav pocket but still does the job, and last for hours with my heavy wetter with no leaks :)

havint had problems with insert shreding?, i always take the inserts out when washing, also havint had a probs with leaking near the poppers, not sure what to suggest,

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 am

So we spent the day in the Duos yesterday and I really let her go a long time... (bad mummy) just to see if it happened again. Not a problem. I spoke to the lady who sold them to me and she said that Thirsties nappies are made by a team of WAHM's so maybe the inserts were a bad batch- she said in the year since selling the Duos she hasn't had any complaints and really spoke highly of Thirsties as a company. So I'm back to loving them, now that I have a new insert. It's a Stay Dry insert, better than the one that comes with the nappy. And I've just been on a US site and have seen the Duo prints... love, love love!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat