hf1

teething, nappies and nurofen/calpol!

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: teething, nappies and nurofen/calpol!

Postby rhiannon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Use liners or the cheap paracetamol as suggested. Teething's a pain. I found with ds it worse in the first 6 months and not so bad now but he's only got a couple of teeth left to come through! Talk about making life hard for himself lol.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 pm

A bit late to this but medinol is far better as calpol is full of E numbers and colourings (did anyone think the bright pink colour was natural LOL). Its much cheaper also.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:32 am

We had staining from calpol and now use own brand. Also use anbesol liquid for teething as you can rub in better than gel.

My avatar
katyt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katyt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Have you tried Ashton and Parsons teething powders? They're 100% herbal and they work great for us :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 pm

katyt wrote:Have you tried Ashton and Parsons teething powders? They're 100% herbal and they work great for us :)

Although do be aware they're lactose based.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 pm

i use the homeopathic remedy chamomilla 6c for teething pain (get it from boots, its got the same stuff in it as the powders but half the price!), and on really bad days bonjela. sometimes paracetamol (chemist own brand without colours), but tbh we dont usually need it.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat