No votes

Total votes : 39
My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What's your favorite nappy type?

Postby cherobanne » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Pockets for daytime (still love fitted with PUL wraps but pockets much easier now he's so wriggly!)

fitted with wool longies at night

Joanne

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Well, I'm not voting.....

Pockets for childminder and out and about......

That is, except when I use my lovely AI2s (berry plush, Lucy's Hope Chest and Itti Bitti D'lish)

If I need containment on a day out or something then it has to be fitteds with pul. And at night time I use fitteds with pul, unless I use wool over them. And I use wool in daytime too

And I use wool over pockets too!

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby bibble » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:58 pm

I went for pockets for day and fitted with wool overnight. I'm such a sheep.

I'm going off wool though. I can't get those bloomin' stains out the leg bits and our lovely new stacinator stretch wraps are starting to stain too. I'm seriously considering going for PUL overnight. I know the wool is clean but the stains just look so grim. Why oh why? :?

Vicky

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:43 pm

bibble wrote:I'm going off wool though. I can't get those bloomin' stains out the leg bits and our lovely new stacinator stretch wraps are starting to stain too. I'm seriously considering going for PUL overnight. I know the wool is clean but the stains just look so grim. Why oh why? :?

Thats a shame ab0ut the stains, have y0u th0ught 0f trying fleece if y0u d0 make a change fr0m w00l? I have p00 leaks and the fleece d0esn't stain. I have t0ts and wee n0ti0ns fleece wraps.

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:58 pm

bibble wrote:I'm going off wool though. I can't get those bloomin' stains out the leg bits and our lovely new stacinator stretch wraps are starting to stain too. I'm seriously considering going for PUL overnight. I know the wool is clean but the stains just look so grim. Why oh why? :?

Vicky

If they're that bad have you thought about putting them in the machine on a hand wash? I just did a load of mine and they're now nice and clean with no felying

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby bibble » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. The wraps have never had poo on them, it's dark brown staining right where the nappy is wettest, around the legs and on some wraps at the front where Blake sleeps on his tummy. Blake's a really heavy wetter and I'm nervous about fleece as I've heard it can stink to high heaven...is that true?

I've also always washed the wraps in the machine on wool cycle as it's easier and uses less water than it would if I were let loose at the sink. I've tried handwashing recently using marigolds for friction but that hasn't worked. I've also tried stripping the lanolin out with washing up liquid and that hasn't worked either.

It's not fair!

Vicky

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 pm

bibble wrote:I'm nervous about fleece as I've heard it can stink to high heaven...is that true?

I haven't n0ticed any smells with fleece and I've used it f0r a g00d year 0vernight n0w.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Fleece only wiffs if you don't wash it each time - unlike wool and PUL you need to wash it after wearing only once
Otherwise no nasty niffs here when we used it...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:53 pm

My shorties (pale blue) that mil made me have those urine stains as well - very annoying but as I know they are clean and they work so well I just use them anyway. HOWEVER saying that if it happens with my Tomliboo trousers I will cry! I think I dont' wash them enough tbh (dirty cow!!) as I went with the 'wash them when they smell' and that never happens so I've just got to make sure I wash them a bit more regularly!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat