hf1

Talk to me about...disposable liners

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Talk to me about...disposable liners

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:00 pm

What are the best disposable liners? What exactly are they like? Are they hard or quite soft?

Twinkle OTW have got a few different types some which are flushable and then some thick cellulose ones that aren't flushable so I am all confused as to what to order.

I plan to use them on the occasions he wears a disposable (generally only if we are expecting a horrendous nappy-trust me when large doses of laxatives haven't worked when a suppository eventually does it does not cause a pretty sight in a gorgeous squishy nappy!- or he is having an anaesthetic as they get confused doing his cloth ones back up :giggle: ) as he is allergic to the gel in the likes of Pampers and the Natures Babycare eco ones are much better on his skin but rubbish absorbancy compared to Pampers and I am thinking that a flushable liner would stop the nasty stuff coming into contact with his skin whilst allowing him to wear a disposable on the occasions he needs to.

Any advice would be great. Thanks xx

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Talk to me about...disposable liners

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 pm

i use one life liners and they are really soft.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 pm

We love the boots liners but they are very very thin and wouldn't really stop the nasty nappy chemicals coming into contact with skin as they're not stay dry...

Could you not just use fleece liners? They're pretty easy to clean by dunking in the loo...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Could you not just use fleece liners? They're pretty easy to clean by dunking in the loo...

WSS.
I buy fleece baby/pet blankets from Poundland and cut them up into liners. That way if one is REALLY bad, you can bin it if you need to without wasting much money at all

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
Could you not just use fleece liners? They're pretty easy to clean by dunking in the loo...

Minkee liners are even easier to clean

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:36 pm

I use Mothercare ones designed for their smart nappies, which don't feel all that soft but are as soft as PHP liners which I used before them, and I've nothing else to compare to. They do get much softer after they've been washed, I find they last about three or four washes. Be wary of flushable ones though, I hadn't noticed the disclaimer in small print on the back of the PHP packet, stating not suitable for all systems and pipework. Then our next door neighbours had a blocked drain, it turned out to be the joint drain between our properties and was our flushable liners that had blocked it. Fortunately they had insurance so didn't have to pay a call out, and the guy was happy to clear it for a bit of cash in hand. Otherwise it could've been pricey!

I do use fleece liners which I cut from a length of fleece bought cheap on ebay. It's just laziness on my part that I haven't done more, hence using paper liners sometimes. But it's a very easy thing to do and much cheaper in the long run.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 am

I've got some called little green eathlets, I've not used them but they seem to be very thick (thickest I've seem). They are abit like the kitchen roll that you can use as cloths only thicker. Don't know where you can get it from though I got mine with some nappies.

My avatar
yayfluffypost
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yayfluffypost » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:09 am

I use totsbots flushable liners which are really soft but I have had some in the past which are like tracing paper :shock:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 am

chocmuffin wrote:I've got some called little green eathlets, I've not used them but they seem to be very thick (thickest I've seem). They are abit like the kitchen roll that you can use as cloths only thicker. Don't know where you can get it from though I got mine with some nappies.

We used these, they are ace, you can wash them if they are only wet and reuse a few times. They are flushable if dirty. If you google Little Green Earthlets you should find some stockists

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat