hf1

Nappy Trial completed - now what to buy?

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Nappy Trial completed - now what to buy?

Postby freya » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Hello ladies
Just posted back the nappies I had on trial from Babykind. (See introduction post)
Glad I did a trial, as rather surprisingly I now want to buy different nappies than those I would have done otherwise.

This is my last month on full pay, so I have a pot of money to spend now and probably never again!
DD is now 10 weeks old, fully breastfed, long and has quite skinny thighs. She is also quite a heavy wetter.

What I am planning to buy as a starter kit is.......
10 x Bambineo size 2 Nippa fastening to use as a BTP option (never would have expected to prefer the nippa! :shock: )
5 x Swaddlebees OV in medium (DD is just coming upto 12lbs, so will get more wear out of these even if we have to wait a few weeks to use them)
3 x ME Rikki wraps

We weren't too keen on the poppered BTP options (MEOS & Swaddlebees) as they were all quite bulky compared to the Bambineo with a nippa

I figure that that this means that I can also buy the odd one of different sorts of nappies to make up the rest and there are quite a few I fancy trying, which is where I would like some advise......

So having spent hours on here reading old posts, opinions, likes and dislikes, I am also thinking about buying a .....
Wee Notions Northern lights (once I can decide - too many options :? )
Wee Notions wrap
Naturebabies wrap

Would also thinking about getting to try (in the future) a.......
Clwt twts
Bamboozle
Baby Behind bamboo
Blueberry fitted (if I can find one!)
I can see an addiction fast approaching :D

Any advise or thoughts on the above would be appreciated and any suggestions on anything else that would be worth adding to my collection?

Sorry for the looooonnnnnggg post, thank you for reading this far

Freya and Millie

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Nappy Trial completed - now what to buy?

Postby clothmama » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Definatley go for the Wee Notions stuff, they are fab and really good fitting, also really like Nature Baby wraps. If she is long and skinny the Baby Beehinds bamboo are probably no good as the legs are pretty big and the rise not so high for a btp. Agree on the nippa, you get a better fit with less bulk than aplix.

Pockets????????? Wee Notions, Upsy Daisy and Pocket Bots are all fab UK WAHM ones!!

How exciting - lots of new nappies, let us know what you decide on!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 pm

I think that is definately a great way to start. With the basics there that you know you like, as you say you can then add a few fancy things in too.

Wee Notions - nothern lights, wraps, pockets and night notions are all fab and great designs.
Nature Babies wraps - I really like these and the weight range is a bit better than the Motherease as they popper down. Much cuter prints than Motherease too.

As Tory says, perhaps have a nosey at the Pocket Bots site too. Haven't tried Upsy Daisy but heard good things about them.

Glad the trial went well :D

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:18 pm

freya wrote:What I am planning to buy as a starter kit is.......
10 x Bambineo size 2 Nippa fastening to use as a BTP option (never would have expected to prefer the nippa! :shock: )
5 x Swaddlebees OV in medium (DD is just coming upto 12lbs, so will get more wear out of these even if we have to wait a few weeks to use them)
3 x ME Rikki wraps

So having spent hours on here reading old posts, opinions, likes and dislikes, I am also thinking about buying a .....
Wee Notions Northern lights (once I can decide - too many options :? )
Wee Notions wrap
Naturebabies wrap

Would also thinking about getting to try (in the future) a.......
Clwt twts
Bamboozle
Baby Behind bamboo
Blueberry fitted (if I can find one!)
I can see an addiction fast approaching :D

Good choices! A lot of my customers (I'm a Babykind agent too) end up getting the bambineo sz2 nippa, becasue they fit so nicely over a huge range of sizes :)

I think the blueberry fitted are the same as the swaddlbees, so yopu might not need that one :) And I would always choose bambineo over the bamboozle too.

Have fun shopping!!

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Sounds like a good choice. I love the fit of nippa nappies too, and the flexibility it gives you with fit. However having used bamboo nappies for over 18 months now, the bamboo seems to deteriorate (after only a few months use in some cases) so that you can no longer use a nippa. Totsbots put poppers on all my nippa Bamboozles FOC, but I've noticed other nappies lose their fibre pile too. I'm not sure if this affects the Bambineo ones you are considering, but maybe others will know.

Sue

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 am

Sounds like a good list, i agree about the weenotions stuff, not used the northern lights but expect them to be as good as the other stuff i've bought from there. Upsy daisy nappies are really nice too, fiona has a sale on at the mo so you could pick one up to try while they are cheaper?

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby freya » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 am

OK, so I've ordered my first nappies :D

I've managed to get 12 x Bambineo for the bargain price of £79.99 from Nappy Needs (they are on sale and cheaper than I can get 10 from Babykind even with the bulk discount and my trial discount)
and I've placed an order on UpsyDaisy for a Brown Cow Velboa Popper Pocket Daisy (Medium) from her sale and a Custom Minkee Pocket Daisy (Popper) in Huckleberry Minkee (Getting this instead of a Blueberry)
Babykind order next......

Cor, this is fun :D

Thanks for all your advice so far

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:18 am

freya wrote:Cor, this is fun :D

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Sure is!!!!!!!

That sounds like you've got a bargain and a great base to your collection which can then of course be built (...and built......and built.....and built) on :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat