hf1

How??!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

How??!!

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I've read so many times that for a newborn, you need 10-12 nappies per day. And I am wondering, how can you need so many nappies per day?

Jake sleeps for 3.5-6 hours at a time and I don't wake him to change his nappy. There is no way I could possibly need more than 6 or 7 nappies in a day, and that is taking into account the times when I change his nappy and he poops immediately (or mis-positioning of his willy and him peeing straight out the side or top :giggle: )

Am I just being grim and not changing my son enough? I've never done this bit in cloth before. Bella was 6 weeks old before she went into cloth.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: How??!!

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:34 pm

I think we went through 8 to 10 a day.only because nathan had a habit of pooing 4 times in an hour and every time he fed.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:34 pm

When Aoife was that young I changed her every feed, every poop and failing that every 2=3 hours...paranoid mummy here who didn't want any rashes :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:39 pm

I change every feed, and he usually poops whilst he is feeding - he is yet to do it after a feed. I usually change him between his boob and bottle (he is mixed fed and has boob first then a bottle). This sometimes means I have to change him after his bottle as well, but not often. But as he is only feeding every 3.5 - 6 hours (depending on time of day - he sleeps more at night, YAY!!) and sleeps like the dead in between, I am only changing him then. I'm using fleece liners in all the non-fleece lined nappies which are keeping his bum bone-dry.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm with you Tanya - I changed clara every time she woke up in daytime, and any time she was dirty, but still only went through about 6-7 in a day. Newborns do sleep a lot don't they! I'd forgotten how much until I had her here. If I tried to do 10 in a day, then i would have had to wake her.

Only changed her in the night a couple of times because she wasn't dirtying them and they were holding the wee for long enough. And she was in pockets so dry bottom.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Imogen was changed every poop and every feed as a nb and I think we went through about 9/10 though I am counting through the night too so from say 7am -7am

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Isaiah got through about 10 a day in sposies. He never slept for longer than 2hrs at night though without a feed for the first few weeks

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I can't get my head around figures like that, both of mine were EBF from day one and in cloth from about a month old, sposies beforehand - apart from occasional days when there were *many* poos I don't think we generally got through more than 6-7 nappies in 24 hours! Neither were heavy wetters though.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:09 pm

:giggle: He's determined to make a liar of me today. Since posting my last post, he's pooped twice :shock: He NEVER usually poops between feeds, but is just having one of those days :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat