hf1

How??!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How??!!

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Benjamin used to use the full 11 or 12 per 24 hours. He was alarm clock fed every 3 hours (yes we set the alarm every 3 hours to stave off a return to hospital and stripped him to nappy to wake / feed everytime) so he was always changed then and then a few inbetween. As he got a little older it went both up and down, so he was changed every 2 hours if awake.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Evie went through 10 a day easily - she was changed at every feed and I would also change if she did a wee or a poo in between times too, and then overnight. We used prefolds with her for the first 6 months so really they washed and dried so quickly it didnt really matter how many she went through.

If Jake is a good sleeper though you will be changing less than a baby who is very active and wide awake :D

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 pm

dan went through a fair few a day :giggle: at least 8

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Charlotte wanted feeding at least every 3 hours in the beginning and she pooped after every one so we definately went through 8-10 nappies a day when she was a newborn.

Ben was different, he tended not to poo every feed and I couldn't change him before a feed as he was so upset and couldn't change him after as lying him down made him sick so I tended to avoid changing his nappy if I could possibly get away with it.

All babies are different but it can't hurt to have a few spares for days like today :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Honey pooed 10-15 times a day until she was 3 months :wink: we use between 6-8 nappies per day now :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Noah easily goes through that many, probably more like 15 he poos constantly it seems

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:42 pm

flutterby wrote:Noah easily goes through that many, probably more like 15 he poos constantly it seems

:giggle: Honey wasn't the only one :wine: ive never felt so grateful for cloth it even swayed my mum as we had to do part disposables part cloth as we didn't have enough in the begining was thankful for the non leaking cloth :lol:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 pm

That's totally understandable, it's to make up for all those new Daddy's who put the new nappy on just as the baby poos :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat