hf1

Is 19 weeks pregnant too soon to start a stash??

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Is 19 weeks pregnant too soon to start a stash??

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:10 pm

I've already started hun. Yes its very early but I want to plod along at my leisure picking stuff up as and when it comes up so that there is no panic nearer the time to my due date. X

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

I'd start as soon as you can :wink: I bought loads when pg swapped and changed after she was born as we prefer mainly WAHM or diy ones, and spreading the cost is better if you can my fav's were weenotion northern lights as you could popper down the rise twice from newborn up until 5 months i'd say and so absorbant or making your own fitteds or pretty pre-folds is a good idea as I found I got tooo unconfortable to sew :oops: as I got very big :pregnant: :wink:

ooh tiny fluff,

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

I don't think it's too early to be honest. You can plan your spending better if you can spread it out. Have fun in the classifieds getting lots of things.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 pm

No, it's not too early :D god, I've already been tempted and I have only known I'm pregnant about a week! :oops: (I've restrained myself so far dont worry :giggle: )

Happy fluff shopping!

Rach xx

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:14 pm

I started buying for Max when I was around 17 weeks! They then ended up sat in his room till he was 10 months as after a few tries I had terrible leaks. Good ol' Bumgenius converted me back to cloth :wine:

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Never to early my stash is about complete . Started early but can now sit back and admire. Got some gorgeous girly nappies but also have some gn they can share so easier if i am out with 2 .
go enjoy fluff shopping
sarah

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:08 pm

i started at about 12 weeks was sorted bar the odd nappy by 20 weeks i think

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 am

Umm no I'm 15 + 5 and my stash is pretty sorted apart from some more wool and some fleece :wink: All of it is new to this baby too nothing is a hangover from DDs1 or 2 :giggle:

My avatar
Citrus
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Citrus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 am

Thank you so much for the encouragment! I've just bought two Onelife fitted with boosters from Sam77 but might have to wait until payday before I buy some other bits. I think the classifieds might be my new favourite place :giggle: I thought the Onelife looked good (read the reviews on here) and also very easy to take a pattern from, so that when I get my mitts on some fabric I can have a go myself. I can see how this gets a bit addictive though! I bought my first sling yesterday too, and I'm already thinking "wouldn't it be nice to have a couple of different colours?".

I'm doomed!! :giggle: :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat