hf1

What's coolest in the hot weather?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

What's coolest in the hot weather?

Postby rhead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 am

We've had a lot of days of 30+ heat recently and I'm finding that our minkee-lined pockets, cute as they may be under a dress, make Lili super sweaty. I only have two or three AIOs left that are fleece lined, but not sure they're much better. She seems coolest and most comfy in OBV fitteds and wool (skirties or shorties, of course, not boardies or longies). Just wondering how other people are coping? I know not everyone uses wool :wink:

On a related note, I also thought I'd like minkee CSP but sold all of mine when I got my first OBV liners, they seem much cooler & comfier!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What's coolest in the hot weather?

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 am

If I am just at home Tyler has been running around either nappy free or with just a fitted on (no wrap).

Out and about just normal pockets or fitteds/wraps but generally just with a tshirt.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:46 am

we are tending to stick to OBV fitteds and wool (soakers or skirties) as that's my favourite anyway, although yesterday as DD was just in a nappy most of the day (we were round the inlaws in the garden) I used my WNSS as they are sooo pretty and no-one ever gets to see them :giggle: She was only in 2 nappies most of the day though, as she was in and out of the paddling pool and I found pockets easier as I could just put them back on her when I needed to.

The nappies were hardly wet though so I think she was peeing in the pool :giggle: , and maybe just peeing less in general as it was so hot.

At night I'm reaching for the bedbugs over the minkee WNSS at the moment as they seem cooler to me, but that maybe just psychological as they seem less bulky.

We have also started using just fitteds with nothing over if we are at home and out in the garden etc.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:46 am

not so hot here! but i think fitteds- obv/cotton and wool or no wrap if at home coolest. i also agree about the minkee csp- i find them a bit sweaty :oops: :oops: (tmi) and far prefer obv ones or even fleece or cotton

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 pm

We're not using our minkee pockets atm as it's so hot, I also find the pul inside the wnss really thick and hotter than our other pul pockets. Most days he just wears a nappy and a t-shirt at home and then I'll pop some shorts on him for going out.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 pm

I have had Aimie in a soaker and vest top for most of the hot weather, on one of the hottest days I actually had her in a prefold and little swimming costume just to keep her cool.
Unfortunately our hot weather seems to be over for now though :(

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 pm

At home ive been doing fitteds and no wrap (just changing every 2-3 hours) and for out Ive just been using normal pockets with just a tshirt on top. Nights Ive been using baby beehinds and wool. We have rain here today though :(

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

The boys are using their pockets at the chidminder's and a mix of pockets and fitteds with wool at home. We too only have a nappy and t shirt combo when they're here and I'm going to tell the childminder to do the same tomorrow if it's still hot, though we have rain forecast for the morning... bliss!!!!!! :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:01 pm

We still use the normal pockets but no clothes at all, unless outside to protect from the direct sun etc, will probably try fitteds now as the wool soaker over the top seems to keep her cooler rather than the pul

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat