hf1

WWYD?

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

WWYD?

Postby Isla'smum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am

DD2 is a champion weer and pooer and her poo seems to stain everything (not even sun makes a difference) :( I have a HUGE stash of nappies for her that seems to be in a constant state of flux, and a lot of them are now stained to high heaven - would you sell the unstained ones whilst you can still sell them/get a good price for them? Or would you keep them (I am pg with #3 and don't know what flavour it is :wink: )?

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: WWYD?

Postby Chooky » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:11 am

I'd wait to see what your "flavour" is :giggle: if it turned out to be a boy i would sell on the unstained girly ones and keep anything GN. Although if you were honest about the staining I'm sure someone out there would still buy them.

Congratulations on being :pregnant:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

How long are you giving them in the sun? I've had a couple of nappies that needed 2 or 3 days to get rid of the stains, but it did work eventually - just keep them damp with a spray bottle or run them under the tap occasionally!

Unless you need the funds, I'd probably hang onto the good ones for the moment; if you want to keep them nice you could put them away for a while, and if you do decide to sell when you find out what kind of bean you're having they should fetch the same in a few weeks/months as they would now :giggle:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 am

I would hang on to them if I was you. Like Rachel said, keep trying the sun, but I don't mind stains on nappies if the nappy is in good condition otherwise (like elastic/ poppers all still functional etc) as long as I know when I buy it, so I think they would sell anyway. I would definitely wait until you know if you can use them on no. 3 :D

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Is there anything GN in your current stash :giggle: :wink:

I find a looong time in the line makes a difference - two overnights when you know it's going to be sunny/frosty - with the current forecast might be worth a punt. My nappies are not looking to bad, but when Joe was pooing in every night nappy they looked a bit grim. Washing over time and lots of sunshine seems to have made a difference.

What about minky liners?

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 pm

rachel wrote:I would hang on to them if I was you. Like Rachel said, keep trying the sun, but I don't mind stains on nappies if the nappy is in good condition otherwise (like elastic/ poppers all still functional etc) as long as I know when I buy it, so I think they would sell anyway. I would definitely wait until you know if you can use them on no. 3 :D

WSS. x

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

g.murphy wrote:
rachel wrote:I would hang on to them if I was you. Like Rachel said, keep trying the sun, but I don't mind stains on nappies if the nappy is in good condition otherwise (like elastic/ poppers all still functional etc) as long as I know when I buy it, so I think they would sell anyway. I would definitely wait until you know if you can use them on no. 3 :D

WSS. x

WTS :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Are you hanging them out wet & keeping them wet? For the sun to work properly they need to be wet, hth :D

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:31 pm

I would keep the 'good' ones for the next LO as you won't quite make back what you originally paid and you could then have some really nice nappies for your new baby :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat