hf1

Your 'new to cloth' memories

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Your 'new to cloth' memories

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 pm

List your first experiences, confused memories and total failings when you started out with cloth.

Some of mine:

Looked at a bumgenius pocket without the insert and thought "how is that supposed to work, it wouldn't soak up anything it's so thin"
Thought the poppers on a btp poppered together: A. with another nappy B. Up to the poppers that go around the tummy C. on to the (bg) insert...and obviously thought the nappy was at fault
Thought all nappies would work with a newborn :roll:
Thought they were huge and that I must have received adult nappies or something (that's actually quite embarassing admitting it) :roll:
Just knew I had enough of everything I needed until potty training
Considered buying a btp set for hundreds before the baby was here
Did up the poppers of my tiny newborns clothes tight over the aio/pocket nappy and was confused why it wicked
Thought bumgenius were so colourful
Used to put towels underneath Lily so if the nice cloth nappy leaks it wouldn't get everywhere :giggle:
Aww I remember how weird it was that you could literally re use them and how daunting/exciting it first was

and the worst

put some of my first ever nappies in the wash with the normal clothes WITH softner :evil:

and I still have much to learn :mrgreen:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Your 'new to cloth' memories

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Thinking Tots Bots were expensive. :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Being scared of wool. (It's all we use now over fitteds.)
Being utterly confused by night nappies.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Thinking Tots Bots were expensive. :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Being scared of wool. (It's all we use now over fitteds.)

Same here :giggle:

I remember thinking two parters looked like a lot of hassle, so I'd only use pockets.
Also bought lots of different colour BGs and HHs so I could use them for the next baby! - then after about 3 months decided to swap the whole lot for pink/purple and girly prints :roll:
I remember the first conversation I had with the local nappy lady who came to my house when I was pregnant - I was so overwhelmed by all the choice - now when I see her I'm telling her about my new nappies and she's asking where I got them from! :hohoho:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Thinking Tots Bots were expensive. :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

WSS! :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 pm

First nappies - Bambino Mios:
Reading all the instructions and then pre-washing them the exact recommended number of times... And being so chuffed at how they looked on the line :hohoho:
Getting confused over which way to padfold a prefold and were you supposed to tuck the paper liner in or leave it loose...

First fitteds (Minki Huggles) which were for nights - and not understanding people saying they boosted them when they were such a bulky nappy already and they weren't that great for nights for us, DD1 had such a weeble bum!

REALLY not getting why on EARTH would WOOL work as a wrap :shock: especially at night when she was out-peeing nappies...

My first Bamboozle (new) soooooooooo soft! (and yes - they did seem expensive!!)

But then

My first BV nappy - I was in heaven it was so soft :hohoho:

Not understanding why you'd need more than a single mf insert in a fuzzibunz :P

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:29 pm

... thinking cloth would save me money over disposables - then joining CNT :hohoho: :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:... thinking cloth would save me money over disposables - then joining CNT :hohoho: :oops: :hohoho:

lol. Very true!

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 pm

thinkin btp ones were amazin until i found weenotions etc and stupidly became addicted. Believing leighton could out wee everything after he leaked out of a fuzzi stuffed with one mf. Not knowin bout hemp and bamboo inserts and thinking mf was my only option. Believing i had enough.

I still dont understand night nappies tho lol x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Getting excited when Fuzzibunz brought out prints and having a huge wish list of Happy heiny prints.

Not understanding how fleece could possibly stop wee from leaking out.

Buying a 15 pack of nappies from Cushie Tushies and thinking that would last me til Phebie PT :hohoho:

thinking coloured Tots bots were so cool!

Getting VERY excited by my first PUL wrap :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat