hf1

Thinking about giving up on cloth.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Thinking about giving up on cloth.

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:37 am

hey all, as u know i changed over to sposies whilst the washing machine was broken just until it got fixed, and well, part of me sadly is liking them. t's rash that he'd had on and off for 3 months went in 2 days, then the first nappy i put him in cloth wise, sent it flaring up again. :-( i have 10 brand new dunk n fluff i m too scared to use in case we give up completely. sy said maybe the way to go is disposables at night to give his skin a break but i just don't know.

someone talk me out of sposies please.

or tell me it's actually okay to use them just at night. i'm missing our wool but it don't fit the same over a sposie

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Thinking about giving up on cloth.

Postby emmalala » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 am

A lot of people use sposies at night. I have done a fair few times, when they have had rashes or the runs. Sometimes a break is enough to make you want your cloth back :giggle: buy some eco ones so you don't feel as bad. asdas eco ones are the same price as "normal" ones and they work fine for us

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 am

we use sposies on and off at night as we don't have enough night nappies (yet!) just do what you feel you need hunnie. xx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 am

We don't get on with cloth at night at all, austin often starts to go red if we try so i got rid of our night stash all together. In an ideal world we'd all use cloth full time but the world isn't always ideal so just do your best :D

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 am

:hug: :hug: My friend has had her son in cloth for about 9mths & uses sposies at night or at granny - you're still using cloth most of the time- even using cloth for one nappy change is saving one nappy from landfill!!

The eco disposables are grand & work just as well from what i've found....

Hope all is well & new bubba is settling in!! :hug:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 am

Don't feel bad about it Annika...do what's best for you and your family :hug:

If disposables at night work better then stick to that...like a PP said, why not buy eco-disposables as a sort of half way house?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am

Aww... do you know what it was that made the rash come up? Can't remember if you use liners, but maybe that would help (stop, start, or try a different kind?). And if using sposies at night does your little man some good, you could always knit or buy some trimmer-fitting woolies to go over the top :wink:.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 am

thanks ladies :hug:

rhead wrote:Aww... do you know what it was that made the rash come up? Can't remember if you use liners, but maybe that would help (stop, start, or try a different kind?). And if using sposies at night does your little man some good, you could always knit or buy some trimmer-fitting woolies to go over the top :wink:.

t's rash is like bleeding nappy rash, with pin holesthat bleed when wiped at it's worst.we tried alsorts to clear it, over a few weeks but 2 days in sposies andit went see.i doubt there's much i haven't tried sadly

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:10 am

There is nothing wrong with using sposies at night, if that’s what works best for you then don’t beat yourself up about it :hug:

Like others have said, you are still making a difference by using cloth in the day, even just one makes a difference! If it makes you feel better then use the eco ones. I still have about half a pack of sposies in the house – not touched them for weeks but if I find myself needing to use them then I won’t feel bad about it.

Rach xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat