hf1

Thinking about giving up on cloth.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Thinking about giving up on cloth.

Postby wytch » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 pm

we use sposies at night sometime or if I've run out of nappies ( small stash) dont feel bad huni as you have to do whats best for your boys. so if that mean sposies at night or full time then so be it. you no less of a mother for having to use them.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:
rhead wrote:Aww... do you know what it was that made the rash come up? Can't remember if you use liners, but maybe that would help (stop, start, or try a different kind?). And if using sposies at night does your little man some good, you could always knit or buy some trimmer-fitting woolies to go over the top :wink:.

t's rash is like bleeding nappy rash, with pin holesthat bleed when wiped at it's worst.we tried alsorts to clear it, over a few weeks but 2 days in sposies andit went see.i doubt there's much i haven't tried sadly

Yikes!! I don't blame you being excited about that clearing up and not wanting to risk it coming back again. :(

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: We have the complete opposite problem :giggle: Our washing machine broke recently so I got some eco sposies but within 4 days Grace had her 1st ever nappy rash. I was at my friends house & I nearly cried when I changed her bum & saw how bad it was. When she saw my face she told me to go home & put her back in cloth & wash the nappies at her house :D Her bum was better within 2 days. :wine:

Although ours was the opposite problem I can totally understand how awful it is seeing your baby with a nappy rash & what a relief it is to see it getting better. I can totally understand why you want to stick with sposies!! Rebekah only wears nappies when she sleeps & I've stuck with the pull ups we bought as they didn't bother her bum & some of her cloth night nappies were giving her sore welts on her thighs :( She's back in cloth today as the sposies have run out so fc she doesn't get sore again. I'd say just do whatever's best for you & your babies!!! :hug:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Do what you really feel hun, we use a sposie at night as I'm paranoid the nappy wakes her up (im paranoid that everything wakes her up as she wakes so much :roll: ) we also had a few days a couple of months ago where she just wore disposables, I just felt like I wanted a break from washing and buckets and I dont know really, so maybe you could try this, I came back to cloth so dont feel that you might never come back, there's so much choice and experimenting and pretty things out there, could you treat yourself to some really nice fluff after a break maybe to get you back into it?
I hope you come back to cloth but at the same time have a happy bum in whatever you choose :hug:
(Lol that last line sounds like it's from some nappy advise advert or something ha ha :giggle:)

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 am

Dont know if it will help, but if you really want to stick to fluff, but are worried about the rash, I got a few silk liners for my lo when she came out in a rash. I think I got to many and have one left over, completely unused, (not even washed yet) if you pm your address I will be happy to give it to you, (no cost) it can be my good deed for the day. Maybe try it one or twice at night and see how it goes.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Hun,

Just wondered how things are going? :hug:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Can totally understand your feelings as we've been in the same boat. Switched to 'sposies for a while to give me a break when I was struggling, and then all that happened with the emergency surgery I had to have, so it'd actually been a few weeks that we'd used them. Part of me misses just being able to chuck it away - especially when there's poo involved! - but I'm easing back into using them gently. I love our nappies (DH hates them!), and I've enjoyed building up our stash, so I don't think I could ever really part with them - especially when I think of the cost of 'sposies too. We use one at night though, simply because Ethan's never gotten on with any of the night nappies I've tried. I think it's a good compromise as it's better one go in the bin every day as opposed to 7 or 8!

HTH. Either way, don't be too hard on yourself! When I'm having a bad day (as I was yesterday and today) I reach for the 'sposies as it's just one less thing I have to worry about when everything else gets on top of me. :hug:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat