hf1

Help please... Brain frazzled!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help please... Brain frazzled!

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am

I am another fan of Little Lambs. I have a mixture of microfibre and bamboo – bamboo is my favourite as it’s so soft and absorbent, but it takes AGES to dry whereas the microfibre ones come out of the washing machine practically dry so I like to have a couple of them just for back up. I’m not keen on the cotton ones as mine seems to have gone crunchy! I personally love the Little Lamb wraps and have NEVER had a leak (but I know some people don’t get on with them), they are also cheap and they now do them in colours rather than just white!

I also love Motherease wraps and use them over Little Lamb nappies. I also have a couple of Motherease Sandys (which I also use with Motherease wraps), these are brilliant in my opinion, and the tiny newborn ones are soooo cute :)

Birth to potty nappies are also a good idea, worth a go anyway. I like Coolababies! But BTP nappies can be very bulky on a tiny newborn (and not as reliable as a 2 part/fitted nappy) so I'd leave it a few weeks before trying them.

Rach xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

Defo go for 2 parters, Thirsties Duo are also a fab wrap, they have the leg gussets so are bomb-proof and also have an adjustable rise so grow with baby, I actually prefer these over ME. I didn't like LL wraps at all.

LL Nappies are fab, but a bit big for 1st 8 weeks on my baby so I used Swaddlebees OCV Newborn & Bimbles Quick Dry Sz0 and these were great for my LO

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:09 am

I loved Bimbles too - and only got Swaddlebees BV later and wished I'd had loads of little ones :giggle:

ETA And yes get some Motheresase wraps they really are bomb proof for NB BF poo!

I think I already told you this but I used paper liners when he was little (until poo was solid and went down the loo easily off the fleece) and I got the little green earthlet (I think that is what they were called) liners, they come on a roll and I'd cut each one into 3rds as that made perfect tiny baby size for the poo area only. For me this was a great comprimise - the fleece / minki etc layer over most of babies bum to keep it dry with a bit of flushable paper to get rid of most of the poo :giggle: :giggle: I washed them if they had no poo so really good way of doing it!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 am

Ok! Think i've got it now! Thank you all so much for your help. Will post if I get confused again which is quite likely as :pregnant: brain has totally got me!

Yeah Clothmama is my big sis, thus the clothsister user name when I know nothing about cloth! Am going to start scouring the classifieds now! Had got it into my head that you could only use LL Nappies with LL Wraps and LL Liners rather than being able to mix and match a bit which I was thinking was going to cost me a fortune.

Have got a load of disposables all ready for when she is newborn so that I am not panicking about how to do the disposable thing!

Tor's did the boys pressies arrive yet?

Thanks again!

xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am

Ask away! You can use lots of different brands with other brands. You may come across the odd insert / booster that won't fit very well in another napy and some nappies have snap in but don't get all worked up about it. I was so scared before Louis arrived but it was so easy once he was here and I actually started using them!

Do scour the classifeds as newborn nappies are used for such a short time that you can often get nearly new nappies at a fraction of the cost.

Can you Pm Ems your address - she has asked me on chat and I can't find it :oops:

No the boys havent' got thier pressie yet - time to claim from RM methinks :roll:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 am

Have already PM'd Ems so hopefully she's got that. Can't believe that the parcel hasn't arrived, I sent it about 5 weeks before Louis' birthday to get it there on time! Will have to see if I can find receipt, there's me trusting Royal Mail! :( :( :( :( :(

Better get some work done at some point! :(

x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat