hf1

has anyone ever managed to ...............

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: has anyone ever managed to ...............

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 am

I have a plain sorbet minkee one with a pink fleece inner which I bought preloved. It's my first choice for under trousers when you don't see the embroidery anyway. I'd like a couple more, particularly a raspberry minkee and an island flowers one :-)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 am

peachy.moo wrote:
ladybird wrote:Yep, but way back when there wasn't the option I think! Gosh, those pockets were fantastic! Do they still have the adjustable legs in?

No but i still have some of those barely used here!! Never got on with the adjustable legs on my odd shapped children!!

I think going for prints without embroidery would be nice- their flower minkee is cute!!

They were the only pockets we ever managed with, aside from a couple of Preston's Pants that we had many moons ago. We loved our WN pockets.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 am

LOL I’m having that problem at the moment – just ordered our first WNOS, and managed to get hold of some gorgeous ladybird fabric (it’s the same as the black ladybird Issy Bears) so I sent it to Suzanne for her to make us a WNOS with it, I also ordered ladybird embroidery but she said she doesn’t think it’ll show up :( been racking my brains but I think I’m going to have to give up and just say no embroidery :cry: sob!

Rach xx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 am

rachymoo wrote:LOL I’m having that problem at the moment – just ordered our first WNOS, and managed to get hold of some gorgeous ladybird fabric (it’s the same as the black ladybird Issy Bears) so I sent it to Suzanne for her to make us a WNOS with it, I also ordered ladybird embroidery but she said she doesn’t think it’ll show up :( been racking my brains but I think I’m going to have to give up and just say no embroidery :cry: sob!

Rach xx

I've not seen the fabric, but what about having a panel of plain colour across the front top and putting little ladybirds along there?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am

ladybird wrote:
rachymoo wrote:LOL I’m having that problem at the moment – just ordered our first WNOS, and managed to get hold of some gorgeous ladybird fabric (it’s the same as the black ladybird Issy Bears) so I sent it to Suzanne for her to make us a WNOS with it, I also ordered ladybird embroidery but she said she doesn’t think it’ll show up :( been racking my brains but I think I’m going to have to give up and just say no embroidery :cry: sob!

Rach xx

I've not seen the fabric, but what about having a panel of plain colour across the front top and putting little ladybirds along there?

That's what I was going to suggest - use the ladybird fabric as the border cut and have the rest in a plain colour with embroidery on, or vice versa (use the ladybird fabric as the main nappy then have a border cut of plain fabric with embroidery on.) or ask Suzanne to embroider you a t-shirt to match the nappy :wink:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am

I thought of that but then they said for the plain fabric, don’t choose red or black because the embroidery wouldn’t show up on that either. Couldn’t really see another colour I liked! WN suggested green but I’m not keen on green. I thought of white but I’m a bit worried about it not staying white, I bet it’d go grey after a while. So a bit stuck really!

Thanks for your ideas xx

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:
for your weenotion dilema Rachymoo tis very stressful the deciding of minkee colours :giggle:
I;m going for plain colurs with funky inners and snaps as suggested I already now 3 embroideries I want but saving those for her bday :wink:
now what size :-?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

princessliana wrote::hug: :hug: :hug:
for your weenotion dilema Rachymoo tis very stressful the deciding of minkee colours :giggle:
I;m going for plain colurs with funky inners and snaps as suggested I already now 3 embroideries I want but saving those for her bday :wink:
now what size :-?

Yes, it's a very VERY important decision, don'cha know! :hohoho:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 am

The only way to come to terms with it is collecting all the different minkee colours :wink: .......... :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: its the only way,

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat