hf1

new nursery..

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

new nursery..

Postby moo54 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I've just put a deposit down for a nursery for both kids to start in Nov - and they supply the nappies. They said that they use Sainsburys own unless there is some reason that they can't - ie one kid is allergic. I said that I use cloth at home but for the environmental effects and the cost and I'm not that fanatical about what is on my kids bum's tbh..but I wasn't over keen on them going into Sainsburys own full time...and they said that they buy in nature babies for one child so they can do the same for me. Wow am impressed, and strangely excited about not having to worry about washing nappies when I'll have plently of washing to do each night as it is....and also not being forced to use Pampers etc :wine:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: new nursery..

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 pm

So they cover the cost of the nappies? I'm guessing that must have to be added onto their fees then :( I think I'd rather be cheeky and ask if I could send cloth, and they deduct the cost of nappies off the fees I'm paying! :giggle: Tbh even if they didn't want to cut their fees, I'd still ask if I could send cloth, and wouldn't be very happy if they refused :(

Rach xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:23 pm

rachymoo wrote:So they cover the cost of the nappies? I'm guessing that must have to be added onto their fees then :( I think I'd rather be cheeky and ask if I could send cloth, and they deduct the cost of nappies off the fees I'm paying! :giggle: Tbh even if they didn't want to cut their fees, I'd still ask if I could send cloth, and wouldn't be very happy if they refused :(

Rach xx

Me too. Although, it's great they were willing to get in a more evironmentally friendly version for you

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm impressed they are willing to buy nature baby ones! :wine:

Lots of nurseries add in the cost of nappies so it's not a new thing there - I doubt they would give you a discount for not using nappies.

It will be nice that you don't have to deal with all the washing after a long day at work too :wine:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm

freckle wrote:Lots of nurseries add in the cost of nappies so it's not a new thing there - I doubt they would give you a discount for not using nappies.

Ah right, I didn't know, I'm not really familiar with nurseries as my DD goes to a childminder. I didn't even know nurseries provide nappies, so that's good! Anyway I agree, it's good that they are prepared to get more environmentally friendly ones.

Rach xx

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Nell's nursery provide sposies but they were more than accommodating to use cloth ones that I sent in.

I didn't bother asking for a discount on the fees (but probably should've :oops: ) but I was happy that at least all the nursery staff now know how easy it is to use cloth :widesmile:

It's great that they are willing to use eco sposies as they will cost them a lot more than whatever deal they have with their usual supplier.

My avatar
katyt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katyt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 pm

I think it's great they're willing to use eco disposables. I'd also prob ask to send cloth though xx

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I've been thinking that they will have to cope with the bg I send dd (and maybe ds if not potty trained) in as I don't fancy much buying them just to send them in....so they'll see cloth anyway I suppose. I imagine as soon as they come home they will get changed into cloth as I don't like the smell...yuk to having to put up with about 40 kids stinky disposables all day!

They also supply milk - I wonder if I send in ebm if I can ask for a dicount :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat