hf1

Side Snaps and Wriggly Wiggly Babes...

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Side Snaps and Wriggly Wiggly Babes...

Postby Twinmamma » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Help! My boys have turned into the :babyroll: wriggliest babes :babyroll: when I try to change their nappies and side snaps are a nighmare to do up and often lead to much howling and gaping especially when I try to get them in their night nappies.

There must be a way to get them into their cloth quickly, I just haven't discovered it yet. Ladies, tips and techniques please...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Side Snaps and Wriggly Wiggly Babes...

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:51 am

Welcome to my nightmare :giggle: mine are exactly the same, and night nappies are the worst. I usually try the distraction method, with Lachlan if I suck on his dummy thats usually enough. with Riley nothing works and I'm scared I'll dislocate her hips wrangling her. so I now take off her nappy, let her have a crawl around, then put it on standing up. with night nappies I just do as many snaps up as I can manage then tighten later.

Oh I've also become a master at the crawl after the baby doing the nappy up at the same time :wink:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:58 am

We have the same trouble.dh uses greenkids with applix during the day. We bought a rabbitts changing mat which has a harness built in which i usually use for night nappies and if he's being super wriggly!about 25 quid from amazon but well worth it imo!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 am

Popper them up and put them on as pull ups. :)

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Thank you Ladies! Great advice all round... I've not attemped nappies mid crawl yet but can see it coming soon. I like the pull up method but found I had to popper them slightly looser to accomodate the fierce elastic in my real easys and their boy bits which ended up pointing the wrong way as it were! Some one demonstrated a 'pin them down with your leg' method to me yesterday - interesting results and much howling to be had, clearly she's never used cloth and poppers :giggle:
Round three in the morning...

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 pm

what works for us is changing on a changing table. Worked with both of mine- they know they're high up and won't roll which makes life a lot easier. Changes on the floor with Ryan are a nightmare and I hate side snap night nappies when I have to do them low down.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 pm

We tried a changing table and nathan tries to stand up on it!
Dh even managed a one handed change using the rabbitt mat today!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 pm

I have to put dan on my knee to change him

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat