hf1

liners...

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

liners...

Postby ems101 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 am

Newbie here!! Just getting into trying different types of nappies, and have been putting paper liners in. They seem quite big, so have been folding them (like an A4 piece of paper into an envelope), but when i take the nappy off, they are scrunched up inside, this is only about an hour after putting them on.

What am i doing wrong?! Are liners essential? Advice please!!

Em x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: liners...

Postby ladybird » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 am

I ditched liners altogether. You could try fleece if you wanted to, I found them better than paper, but tbh, you don't really need them at all.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 am

I used to use paper liners, as they're easier to lift out and dump down the loo when they've done a poo :giggle: Found the same as you though, and now we use fleece liners as they keep my sons bum dryer than paper ones. Like Shadow says, you don't need liners but fleece or minkee ones do keep your little ones bum away from being next to a wet nappy constantly if you're not using pocket nappies or fleece lined nappies. Fleece ones are easy to make if you buy some fleece material from your local fabric shop and cut them to the size of your nappies :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 am

They will scrunch up a bit no matter which ones you use. I ditched paper liners because they were causing a rash & I switched to fleece liners (home made ones) which work the same & you just wash them with your nappies. I much prefer using a liner because I find it easier to dispose of poo :wink: . That's the main reason I use them along-side they can prevent some of the worse staining happening to your nappies. HTH :)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am

ok, thank you very much! Fleece it is! Im going to get BG v 3s iff there are any left, would fleece be ok with these?

Em x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 am

ems101 wrote:ok, thank you very much! Fleece it is! Im going to get BG v 3s iff there are any left, would fleece be ok with these?

Em x

Yes, they'd be fine :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:45 am

Shaunie wrote:They will scrunch up a bit no matter which ones you use. I much prefer using a liner because I find it easier to dispose of poo :wink: . That's the main reason I use them along-side they can prevent some of the worse staining happening to your nappies. HTH :)

WSS :)

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Shaunie wrote:They will scrunch up a bit no matter which ones you use. I ditched paper liners because they were causing a rash & I switched to fleece liners (home made ones) which work the same & you just wash them with your nappies. I much prefer using a liner because I find it easier to dispose of poo :wink: . That's the main reason I use them along-side they can prevent some of the worse staining happening to your nappies. HTH :)

same here :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat