hf1

How has your nappies fabric worn!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

How has your nappies fabric worn!

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am

:idea: I just can't help myself & am planning a complete nappy overhaul from my borin fitteds to pretty ones :shock:. I've been holding myself off but I just can't do it any more :giggle: & have made a long list of useless things to put on ebay to raise the funds! So I will need these nappies to last for a long time, most certainly lasting my DD & DS to PT so at least 2yrs of hard labour and hopefully abit longer (plan ona few more LO's :lol: ).

Anyway back to the point which of your nappy fabrics have you found to wear well or not! :lol:

Thought I might add that I don't have a tumble dryer & all is line dried!

Thanks in advance for your knowledge! :D

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How has your nappies fabric worn!

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 am

IMO Minkee is one of the best fabrics for staying like new. Scarlett's oldest nappy (2yrs old now) is a WNOS with minkee outer/inner and aside from slightly slacker elastic it still looks brand new!

My other fave is BOV, it can stay looking lovely if you take care of it - dont over tumble etc... and of course you can have it dyed however you want so thats lush.

Jersey print fabrics tend to bobble and fade and arent as good looking after a while but if you go for a knit fabric instead it wont have any of these problems - so you can have nice fabric nappies... just pick the right fabiric :)

Lycra bobbles, as does fleece *trying to think what else i have in my stash lol* Thats about it really.

I only have fancy nappies 'cause im a tart like that :hohoho: but my fave combo is BOV outer with minkee inner. So lush and squishy :wine: but you can expect it to fade a little and lose its brilliance over time - but still beats any boring ones imho.

Enjoy your nappy shopping, im getting my last bits in now, before S potty trains lol.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat