hf1

I killed a soaker *sob sob*

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I killed a soaker *sob sob*

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Findlay had a horrendous explosive nappy yesterday due to all his laxatives and I stripped him and his bed ready to wash everything.

However when I went to put them in the wash I accidently scooped up the wool soaker he had been wearing as well :doh: I have just discovered this now when I emptied the washing machine after yesterdays cold rinse and 40C cottons wash to find a very clean but very teeny soaker :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I am sooooo upset especially as he only had 2 wool soakers anyway (that one that fitted over his day nappies and a bigger one for over his night nappies) :gaah:

One thing I was wondering is what exactly (other than shrinking!) has the machine done to the soaker as the wool now looks really thick and looks like it would be ideal for a heavy wetter!

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: I killed a soaker *sob sob*

Postby coastal » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:33 pm

:( Poor you. I've very nearly done that, but realised at the last moment.
As a very well felted soaker, it will however now be bomb proof :giggle: ... albeit for a much smaller child. :(

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 pm

pinback wrote::( Poor you. I've very nearly done that, but realised at the last moment.
As a very well felted soaker, it will however now be bomb proof :giggle: ... albeit for a much smaller child. :(

WSS! Awwww :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:31 pm

You could try this: Get a large bottle of inexpensive hair conditioner. Dampen your soaker in a little (cold!!) water, then plaster on the conditioner, and let it soak in for half an hour or so. Then gradually tease it out to the right shape and size you want. Sometimes works well, sometimes not so well. Good luck!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat