hf1

How to successfully change a sleeping baby?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

How to successfully change a sleeping baby?

Postby happytails » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Hints and tips please?

DD has been in bed since 6pm (very early night after a very early start :roll: ) and i put a puddlekins day nappy on her thinking she wouldnt entertain going to bed so early. I was wrong. She is still fast asleep and im hoping for the night now until atleast 5am but i need to get her night nappy on her and not sure of the best way.

Im thinking milk, dummy and teddy to hand. Anything else? Surely someone must have expertise in this field :giggle:

Sarah

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How to successfully change a sleeping baby?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:58 pm

~Quickly and quietly if we have ever had to change in that situation. Chances are if she is shattered and sound asleep she won't really stir,she may open her eyes but if the room is dark and quiet she will probably go right back off

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Can you just stuff a booster down the front of the wrap?

But otherwise quickly and quietly around 9/10pm is the way for us...

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 pm

i change alesha every night as she doesnt like big nappies :giggle: at about midnight before i go bed i as quickly and quietly as possible sipe it off and put a new one on, wiping with a warm wipe is better too as the sudden cold on her botton will wake her

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm

i just stick another nappy over, or a booster like steph says, it disturbs them less than a proper change

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I do ds2's every night at about 10pm, dummy and milk to hand and darkness/silence! He's pretty good tho and hardly ever wakes. Gently and slowly, good luck :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

WTS, I've had to do this with Lili sometimes and as long as you can avoid bright lights and making lots of noise (maybe even with it :giggle:) you'll probably find she won't even wake up properly, or will be so tired she'll drop off right away.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:26 pm

pretty much wot others have sed dark silence very slowly and warmed wipe normal does it for us with milk/dummy on stand by. mr snuggles is alway in bed with her. if you can maybe just pop another nappy over the top insted

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Would putting a woolly cover on over the top help? DS has slept 12 hours in an unboosted diddy diaper with a wool soaker, and in the morning he's been fine! I don't risk waking him... :crossbaby:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat