hf1

Cheap Ebay Nappies from China

My avatar
meg
Clothie
Clothie

Cheap Ebay Nappies from China

Postby meg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi there, I bought a few of these cheap china nappies, I am actually pretty pleased with them so far. I am however a little confused about washing them, as they come with instructions to wash at 30... I'm worried this won't get the poo out and that I won't be able to wash them with my other nappies (mainly itti's), but worried that if I wash them hotter they will be ruined.

Has anyone else had experience with these nappies? This is them: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Thank you!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cheap Ebay Nappies from China

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Never used them, but I would imagine that washing at 40 would be fine since that's close to body temperature, that's how hot the nappy will be when it's worn. I only ever wash nappies at 40 and have never had any issues with them coming clean.

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:19 pm

ive got one and have always washed it at 40 without any problems. they are great nappies for the price :)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm

They look the same as coolababies/rainbows etc , i think they're all basically made by the same people or place, loads of nappies say 40 degree wash but we wash all of ours including the coolababies on 50, if you have bio powder you can wash at lower temps, this is actually better as the higher wash temperature actually destroys the enzymes in the powder, washing at lower temps still cleans the nappies as long as you pre wash to remove anything and rinse loads after, especially with bio powder; i find the bio gets them much cleaner rather than non bio which was naf

on another note I've heard of people washing nappies at 30 fine, we sometimes wash at 40 but never higher than 50 to save energy & to keep the effectiveness of the powder, I think it's mainly about the rinsing with getting poo out, a cold prewash helps remove/stop stains setting in too.

My avatar
meg
Clothie
Clothie

Postby meg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks very much!

We haven't had a poo in one yet, that will be the ultimate test of their performance, but so far I think they are great!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat