What was your First?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What was your First?

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 am

Louis came home from hospital in a tiny bimble and a xs motherease Rikki wrap! awwwwwwwwwww. I've kept the damn things too - have just packed them in a box to go to Oz and have visions of my first grandchild in them :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Am I sad or what!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:01 am

Thats not sad Tory, my girls have already said they will use cloth when they are Mums so I will put away some of mine for them.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Kayleigh was first wearing her little lambs (cotton because that's all they sold then) with the LL wraps. They worked wonderfully. If I were to have another LO, then I would be tempted to use them again, but get some nice flashy wraps.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 pm

diddy diapers size 1, and tiny bimble! i cant remember what she wore first...it was probably one of the mothercare flat shaped nappies :( and cotton bottoms leaky wraps. thats all i had in the first size but next time i will know better!! xx

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:28 am

Totsbots original (size 2) for night time use, with (newborn sized) motherease airflows...the tots bots are still going strong today (although I have just replaced the elastic on all of them).
Terry squares from John Lewis for day time use (kite fold) with motherease wraps
When both kids were newborn size, I also used some muslin squares in a kite fold...nice snug fit for LO's and lasted well enough between changes (you change so frequently in the early days!). Not that great for containment, but the wraps helped!

IF there was a next time, and IF we had lots of money, I'd like to try some newborn sized nappies (although you use them for such a sort time :( ), or maybe...oh, I dunno... too much choice!! :D
Judy

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat