hf1

Arghhh when did she suddenly become a heavy wetter

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Arghhh when did she suddenly become a heavy wetter

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am

last three nights i have had to compltely strip aleshas bed in the morning cause everything
is soaked,

change her bum and put her in a itti AIO with fleece shorts over the top, she went down for her nap and slept on her back, and hour later woke up, her bed, front of itti and front of fleece shorts where sodden, how does she manage to leak out the front of the nappy when she sleeps on her back :roll: :x :x :x :x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Arghhh when did she suddenly become a heavy wetter

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 am

123princesssammie wrote:how does she manage to leak out the front of the nappy when she sleeps on her back :roll: :x :x :x :x

Prob coz the nappy is soaked through everywhere!
DS will leak out of anywhere if the rest of the nappy is absolutely sodden!
In my experience, the itti AIO is just not absorbant enough for a heavy wetter - why not try switching to the SIO, or adding nin a bamboo mini insert to the AIO.

We love itti's here - my favourite day nappy!
but cannot use them on DS overnight - we use a bamboozle fitted nappy, with a PD insert! Totally widdleproof!
(saves on the sheet washing!)

Hope you get something sorted hon! changing sheets in the middle of the night cannot be fun!
:hug:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:08 am

Could you try using a well boosted fitted with the fleece shorts over the top instead? I never really got on with itti's so don't have any advice on them, sorry.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:48 am

We couldn't get away with an itti for naps or nighttimes ... something with lots of bamboo would be better I would think.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am

This was over naptime not at night, and her nappy mis dry at the back :roll:

she always has the itti mini booster in there and i find the aio's more absorbant than sio

little lambs under a ME wrap for naps atm seem to work, oh and not letting her go down for a nap with her juice, so she doesnt drink loads before she sleeps:giggle:

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:12 am

She sounds like she's reached the save-up-then-flood stage and the nappy just could absorb the deluge quickly enough, so it escaped out wherever it could.
Try something with some microfibre in there, for it's super sucking up power?... or ditch the "stay dry layer" nappies for a bit, since it takes time for the pee to filter its way through to get to the bit that will actually absorb it.
See.. that's why we need loads of nappies - so we can chop and change to find what works, each time they reach a new stage. :hohoho:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 am

:giggle: so thats the reason i have a mixed stash :giggle:

unfortunetly we cant use microfibre at all, but yes its defintly the holding on for ages and then suddenly flooding thats causing it, will stick to me littlelambs for naps atm

thanks for the advice thou ladies xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat