hf1

Serged vs T&T?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Serged vs T&T?

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Just wondering the difference between serged & T&T nappies... is it purely aesthetic or are there differences in the errm... poo catching capabilities?

I quite fancy getting Clara some serged nappies, but she has mega explosions so don't want them if they're less reliable

TIA

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Serged vs T&T?

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I have both and they both have the same poo catching abbilities :giggle: I just prefer the t&t.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Personally I think serged is better for catching poop but every babyis different shape wise. I much prefer the look of serged as well and the added bonus is as well that they are usually cheaper than t&t :wine:

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I haven't found a difference tbh for poo catching but have found that serged leaves marks on dd's thighs (she is blessed in that dept tho' :) ) so I prefer t&t.

But like Kirsty said, all babies are different in shape.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Personally I think serged is better for catching poop but every babyis different shape wise. I much prefer the look of serged as well and the added bonus is as well that they are usually cheaper than t&t :wine:

Exactly WSS :)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Bobble wrote:I haven't found a difference tbh for poo catching but have found that serged leaves marks on dd's thighs (she is blessed in that dept tho' :) ) so I prefer t&t.

But like Kirsty said, all babies are different in shape.

WSS for my DS, plus I find them a pain to get wraps over, so I prefer T&T too

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:43 pm

I wouldn't say they were any less reliable; in fact, because they extend a bit further down the thigh, you're maybe less likely to get leaks onto the wrap than with a t&t nappy. I had one serged nappy when DD was tiny and it used to mark her thighs, so I gave up on them; I tried them again a lot later though and love them now! Good point about the wraps though, you need a wrap with quite a wide gusset (Airflow, Wee Notions) to avoid wicking (happens if the leg binding touches the wet nappy). :wink:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:59 pm

I have never noticed any difference in their containment abilities, I love the look of them but unfortunately they rub DD's thighs raw because they are huge :giggle: We have to use T&T to stop that from happening

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

i have both, i find any leak poo wise seem to clean out of serged a bit better, saying that none of my new t and t dnf's r stained yet. i think the serged is slightly girly meself and prefer the t and t.x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat